SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a chance to dyno the truck this weekend. 462 rwhp and 488 rwtq on a Mustang Dyno....I was elated!!!! Travis @ Carolina Chassis Dyno in Lexington, SC tuned the truck.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Great #s especially since it was a Mustang Dyno...they generally show about 5% less HP than the more popular DynoJet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great #s especially since it was a Mustang Dyno...they generally show about 5% less HP than the more popular DynoJet.
I know...that's what I heard.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Flip, that is an awesome looking truck!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW....Travis indicated he may have found some additional power. He just sent me the tune...can't wait to try it out. We will meet at the track on Thursday to put the tune to the ground.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where the heck is that? I live in Lexington and haven't heard of them!
Exit 44 off I20. It's in the country in a residential area....his shop is behind a house.

From what I hear Travis and Chris Tuten are two of the best tuners in Columbia.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Finally had a chance to dyno the truck this weekend. 462 rwhp and 488 rwtq on a Mustang Dyno....I was elated!!!! Travis @ Carolina Chassis Dyno in Lexington, SC tuned the truck.
Good numbers. Those number are easily obtainable, but at what expense in the long run. Post the dyno sheet with the A/F numbers. If u dont mind.:)

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts
Really Great numbers Flip... :) That puts your truck and the Wolf right at Dead Even...

That simply makes the "Wolf Pack" stronger... :) Keep up the Great work and let us know how it goes at the track... :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good numbers. Those number are easily obtainable, but at what expense in the long run. Post the dyno sheet with the A/F numbers. If u dont mind.:)
I don't have the print out. To be honest, I was so excited, I forgot to ask and he forgot to print it.

I do know the truck was extremely rich as I expected. The correct A/F ratio was easy to obtain down low but took some tweaking to finally get it right at the top of the powerband. It's at 12.???, but not sure of the exact number. He indicated that he has found some additional power so I will find out when we meet at the track on Thursday. I will get him to print out the last pull.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really Great numbers Flip... :) That puts your truck and the Wolf right at Dead Even...

That simply makes the "Wolf Pack" stronger... :) Keep up the Great work and let us know how it goes at the track... :)
Thanks, will do.

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts
Flip, Torrie finished my Dyno Tune at 463hp and 490tq.

If your day was like mine it was Melting Hot and the Air Pressure was Why High and the Humitity was so strong you could wear it like a coat.. Numbers would have been better on a cool dry day.

Friday evening after the Race Day at PCB, Torrie told me that he could get a little more out of the tune if I really wanted it, I told him that I would rather have a good Safe Tune than the HP... :)

Again Congratulations, please don't push the tune too far and start having problems... :)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Flip, Torrie finished my Dyno Tune at 463hp and 490tq.

If your day was like mine it was Melting Hot and the Air Pressure was Why High and the Humitity was so strong you could wear it like a coat.. Numbers would have been better on a cool dry day.

Friday evening after the Race Day at PCB, Torrie told me that he could get a little more out of the tune if I really wanted it, I told him that I would rather have a good Safe Tune than the HP... :)

Again Congratulations, please don't push the tune too far and start having problems... :)

Torrie tuned mine 2 yrs ago this month....told me the same that I had another 50HP in her if I wanted but he recommended being on the safe side.....almost 20K miles later no engine problems...:fing02:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts