SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a dyno run set for tomorrow. I dont really care about peak numbers, i care more about powerbands and nice gains for the powerband that new mods add. However what do you guys think ill hit tomorrow...info on the truck is as follows:

05 QC with 83,000km, engine and differental oil just changed, new spark plugs, wires and coils from tony. Also have a K&N intake and Magnaflow exhaust. My guess is 420whp and 390lb trq?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
You still have Cats?...what about a tune?

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Please post your numbers from the dyno run?v I have roughly the same setup as you with the exception of a Roe Racing tune. I will be getting a baseline dyno tune on Thursday and based on the seat of the pants feeling I get from mine I am only expecting 380-400 rwhp

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea ill post it up soon as i get home tomorrow. Like i said, numbers dont mean much to me but it would be nice to at least see over 400

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Dont get mad.....but I say 402 rwhp / 448 rwtq. You need the SCT to unleash the beast.
Also, which dyno are they using?

8,725 Posts
dynos should be used for tuning,

do not focus on numbers, you can dyno in one state and make 400, go five miles down the road and make 410 to another and make 385, but all in all you "should " be around 400-420 area

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
well if i hit those numbers ill be happy...no so much the hp but the torque is nice. It's going to be a dynojet if my memory serves me right. I was looking forward to getting the SCT but i have to start putting money aside to my gf and I to fly back home for x-mas...which will cost me a few thousand.

dynos should be used for tuning,

do not focus on numbers, you can dyno in one state and make 400, go five miles down the road and make 410 to another and make 385, but all in all you "should " be around 400-420 area
Oh like i said, numbers dont mean much to me, its the powerband i look for. These dyno runs arent costing me anything, i was able to make a deal with the dealership when i bought the truck to get me on their dyno for free...lol. And i know about different dyno's read different. My cobalt read 310whp in NS but read 280whp here in edmonton.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well got back from the dyno, all i have to say is the dealership really doesnt know how to calibrate the dyno.

First run: 253hp @3000rpm and 400lb trq at 3000rpm
Second run: 280hp @ 3500rpm and 415lb trq at 3500rpm
Third run: 333hp @ 4100rpm and 420lb trq @4100

You guys see the problem, because i do.

8,725 Posts
hehehehe told ya buddy, those dang dynos are a pain, main thing is your air fuel readings , what were they?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I cant remember what the afr was, some reason i think it was lean, looked at it once and it was 12.5. I know dynos read lower but look at all the rpms it hit. The engines rev limiter is what 5500rpm? Hitting both peak hp and trq at lower rpm and at the same rpm through all 3 runs. System wasnt calibrated right, you can see that he kept bumping the calibration up in rpm.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
12.5 A/F is good though surprising on a non-tuned engine....some stock ones run in the 10s..

Though they did not do a full run....they should have run to 5500RPM to get full HP...at 4100 your TQ probably had peaked so 420 is probably close to max......you probably would have seen around 90 more hosses at 5500..

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
^^^ exactly what i was thinking, probably would have gotten 2-5 more trq and then somewheres around 400 for hp. What pisses me off is they didnt even have a dyno graph, it had a weird looking graph but had nothing to do with power output or afr. So i couldnt even see my powerband.... i thought it was a dynojet but it was actually a mustang dyno.

Waste of time and money, didnt cost me money directly out of my pocket but what happend was. When i bought the truck from them, since they wouldnt lower the price i made a deal that they will put me on the dyno for free. Took abit of time to get that deal approved, however, while that was trying to get approved i brought my friend to the dealership and he bought a 09 Ram 1500. So i was suppose to get a $100 cheque for a referral reward. Well they decided to use that $100 to pay for the dyno. So not only did i get bull**** dyno numbers, no graph to see my powerband but i never got my $100 referral.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
They should have also disconnected the transmsision cable at the throttle or put it in Tow/Haul mode and made the pulls at above 60mph. That way it would not shift out of third.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^ i was wondering how that would work. All my cars that i've dynoed i always go until i hit the limiter.

Something else i just learned is hp and trq curves are suppose to cross each other at 5225~rpm and i didnt even get that high...dumbass dealerships

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
^^^ i was wondering how that would work. All my cars that i've dynoed i always go until i hit the limiter.

Something else i just learned is hp and trq curves are suppose to cross each other at 5225~rpm and i didnt even get that high...dumbass dealerships
Yeah, dont go back to that dealership for anything. Not even to check the air in your tires

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not the first time they ****ed me over. See sales was pretty good, its the other departments that suck ass. Service and Detailing are horrible...when they cleaned my truck i dropped it off with the fuel economy at 22.5L/100KM when i picked it up it was at 38.8L/100KM (higher it is the worse it is) And i questioned them about it, they said they had no clue why....bull****.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Not the first time they ****ed me over. See sales was pretty good, its the other departments that suck ass. Service and Detailing are horrible...when they cleaned my truck i dropped it off with the fuel economy at 22.5L/100KM when i picked it up it was at 38.8L/100KM (higher it is the worse it is) And i questioned them about it, they said they had no clue why....bull****.
In there defense, not that I really want to defend them but...... If they had the truck running at idle while they were detailing it, that's going to to kill the fuel economy. Now, what you should have looked at, was if they drove the car.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the detailing shop is across the road from sales. I dropped it off at sales, i watched my sales guy drive the truck across the street at 10am. Left and came back at 6:45pm. Truck was back at sales. I thought of that possibility and when i was home i let the truck idle for about 20mins...fuel eco only got to 30L/100. I hit 35.5L when i was drag racing at the track. So i know it didnt happen just by idling. There was also 15km extra on the odo and 1/8 of a tank of gas missing. IF i ever bring the truck back to them ill be mounting my camera inside to record everything.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I believe that we have a very similar setup with the exception of the SCT tuner that I have installed. I am scheduled for a baseline run tomorrow afternoon and will let you know what the numbers are. I know every vehicle is different and every dyno is different but maybe it will help you to get a rough idea of rwph. I am trying out a facility that I have never been to and they use a Land & Sea’s DYNOmite Chassis Dynamometer System which I have never heard of either. It's only $60 for a run so I am thinking of doing one run with the stock programming and one run with the tune that I bought from Roe Racing. Might be interesting to see how much gain the tune brings.
I am glad I read the post about putting the truck in tow/haul mode so it stays in 3rd gear for the run. I also plan on getting to the shop early so the truck has some time to cool down since it will be a 3 hour drive to get there. Are there any other tips or recommendations to ensuring that I get a good, accurate baseline?
Does anyone know of a dyno facility in the midwest that is good with these trucks and can modify an SCT tune. The facility I am going to tomorrow advertises that they sell the Roe Supercharger that I am installing but they can't make any tune adjustments to the SCT tune which is what Roe Racing provides. I would love to do a baseline tune with a company that can also do a follow up run/tune once the supercharger is installed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts