SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, would anyone know of any places in GA that have DYNO machines so I can see what type of numbers my black beauty puts out? And what it usually cost for a DYNO run?

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Doesn't the Mustang Dynamometer yields values lessor than the DYNO machine, I remember reading someone's post and i thought they said that the Mustang Dyno is usually off with the HP and TQ.
\\

:D:D:D

The Mustangs and the Dynodynamics (like at the shop) are loading dynos and tend to read lower than the Dynojets which spin a drum of a known weight.
As mentioned, it is best to keep going back to the same dyno with the same operator for the most consistent data.

Ronnie T.H.I.

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts
Here is something that Ronnie taught me and I have found it to be true..... :)

Look at the Dyno as nothing more than a tool. Yes it is a tool that gives HP numbers but they are just that numbers...... Don't get hung up on HP hunting. It provides all the A/F misxture numbers and where and when the HP is being applied during the RPM cycle. Those numbers allow the tunner to make adjustment to get the most out of your engine.

The operator can change a few parameters on the initial setup and make the Dyno give almost any HP number he wants it to. That is why Ronnie said go to the same Dyno each time and use the same operator with the same setup on the Dyno. That way you can get honest feedback on the mod you just did and find out if it helped or hurt and by how much.

So find a Good Shop with an operator that knows what they are doing and stay with him. :) :) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts