SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 QC just died. I'm towing a trailer with a car in the rain. Cruise on. Rpm dropped speedo freaked out. I pulled over and it died. Fired right back up. Waited a bit then drove again. Now it has died again and won't restart. Gauges all read good when it died. Now starter spins but it won't start. All gauges read zero including voltage but it cranks fine. I'm assuming electrical. I have a ton of tools but no idea where to start.

Any help please. ASAP stuck on side of road.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had it towed to a dealer. No check engine light. Mechanic had 3 codes but I don't know what they were. Mechanic guess is PCM but they could only get it to die twice. They are unable to find a PCM any where to replace it.

Any ideas?

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
Dan Lesser
Viper Specialty Performance
(716) 912-5336
[email protected]

The only one I know that has them... They are pricey, so the dealership better know before they call Dan and order one. You said it was raining. I've seen ran cause problems if the connectors on the PCM get wet. I've also seen cracked cases on the pcm where water gets and creates havoc....

So I would make sure that if it's not the PCM, your mechanic doesn't saddle you with the cost

Vj

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
put a new battery in it.

seriously... it may not even show up on codes... it's a bizarre thing...

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
yep... that too

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm currently racing in Joliet. I will pick the truck up next Saturday and attempt to drive it home. I will tell you more then. Dealer can't find a PCM so I think I will get it back unchanged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts