SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I couple of days ago I had my local muffler shop remove the muffler in my 05' RC and installed 2 straight pipes in it's place. I left the rear small resonator muffler. I am very, very pleased w/ the sound.

It is louder without being abnoxious. It does not have any highway drone. In fact, in 6th gear it's almost like stock. When you get on it, it now sounds like a proper Viper engine. When you get off of it, it cackles 3-4 times and then makes a lovely deep decelleration growl.

With the stock exhaust manifolds and cats (4), I would highly recommend this mod if you want a much better sounding truck. Another benefit is that it only cost $50.00 and an hour to have done.

Try it, I promise you'll like it!!!

J.R.
Denver, CO

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
The only thing I would worry is if there is enough back pressure to maintain performance. Notice any difference?

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
womsterr sent you the info on the red srt hope it helps. since he still has the cats he probably didnt loose or gain just got sound.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Womsterr,

Performance feels fine. It definately didn't lose any. With 4 cats, I'm sure there is still plenty of back pressure.

J.R.

·
Registered
220 Posts
What is the "small resonator muffler"? I don't remember seeing it under my truck. There is only the large muffler before the rear axle that the magnaflow replaces.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I think he has the quad cab. They all have the resonator after the muffler due to the 4:56 Gears. Something about the EPA noise regulations. :confused:

Eiither that or he has an 04 or 05 Hemi.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Sorry,

He clearly says he has a regular cab and six gears. Are the 05 RC comming with the resonator. I have read that the QC is.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
JR183 said:
Hi Guys,

I couple of days ago I had my local muffler shop remove the muffler in my 05' RC and installed 2 straight pipes in it's place. I left the rear small resonator muffler. I am very, very pleased w/ the sound.

It is louder without being abnoxious. It does not have any highway drone. In fact, in 6th gear it's almost like stock. When you get on it, it now sounds like a proper Viper engine. When you get off of it, it cackles 3-4 times and then makes a lovely deep decelleration growl.

With the stock exhaust manifolds and cats (4), I would highly recommend this mod if you want a much better sounding truck. Another benefit is that it only cost $50.00 and an hour to have done.

Try it, I promise you'll like it!!!

J.R.
Denver, CO
Post a sound clip for us!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll get a picture of the resonator muffler. It must be something new for the 05' regular cabs.

J.R.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Resonators, torque management......what the hell man!!! Just let em breath and burn rubber.....bastards!! :eek:

patrick

·
Registered
732 Posts
once the yellow 05 is in the drive way (thurs) i will try to snap a photo of the exhaust system and the 04

JD

·
Registered
301 Posts
My '04 didn't have a resonator BUT my '05 has one (for now). Magnaflow replacing the stock exhaust as soon as I can take it over to the exhaust shop. It's raining today so it won't happen. DC did the same to the '03 Hemi then put one on the '04 for some reason? :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Group911,

I had Dennis from Brighton Radiator & Mufflers do it. His number is 303-659-4937. Give him a call and he'll hook you up.

J.R.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Question about Exhaust Alternative

Quick question for JR183 - when you replaced the mufflers with straight pipes, did you have a crossover or an H pipe installed ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kaholo,

No I did not. Wanted to try it first and I like the way it is w/o a cross pipe.

J.R.

·
Registered
122 Posts
J.R. THanks for the info regarding Brighton Muffler. I will give them a call. By the way, can you recommend a shop that does excellent work with window tinting here in the Denver area? I am new to the area, and don't know anyone who can recommend yet.

·
Registered
157 Posts
No cross over pipe

J.R. Thanks for the info. I'll bet it sounded awesome. I just received delivery of a black 05 with a regular cab & 4.56 rear end.

I am at latitude 20 and locals know, the cost to ship items here, many times exceeds the cost of the product. Just looking for a few ways to save a buck. No smog testing here and the police don't seem to enforce the sound laws (city/county would not fund DB meters for them, (all the motorcycle's seem to run straight pipes - they set off all the car alarms when the run through my neighborhood). By leaving the (2005) resinator in place I would still have some kind of cross over even though it is a long way from the heads. Again J.R. Mahalo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts