7yr/60,000 miles, Maximum Care, $100 deductable = $1470
Retail is $2420
Add $250 for zero deductable.

What have you found?

·
Registered
53 Posts
????????

?????? hasn't you're warrenty gone to sh*t seeing as though you're running the nos?
anyway.... thanks for the post.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
johnj said:
?????? hasn't you're warrenty gone to sh*t seeing as though you're running the nos?
Most dealers are in the business to make money, they make money by billing DC for service. Most dealers will bend over backwards and leave little things like Twin Turbo's, SC'ers, NOS, etc off their service records and overlook those things. Especially if they don't have anything to do with things. If your Winshield wiper motor burns out, NOS didn't cause that.

My spider gear broke on my TT. Obviously it was caused by the massive addition of horse power, so they only covered part of it.

See Ya.

Hey WOW a non NWS Post. No F word.. I'm impressed

/craig pats self on back.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't worry Craig. If someone gets on here bragging about how much less their S-10, Lightning, or Solstice warranty they bought from Partsrack was, I'll move it to "Off Topic" and let you guys have at it.:D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
9 seconds said:
Don't worry Craig. If someone gets on here bragging about how much less their S-10, Lightning, or Solstice warranty they bought from Partsrack was, I'll move it to "Off Topic" and let you guys have at it.:D
OMG. That totally made my night!! ROTFLMAO!

Craig

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
johnj said:
I figured mine was toast when I got an Email from someone at Dodge telling me I should have the cam bolt service action done before I sprayed all that nitrous. I was just looking out for the rest of you.:D

·
Registered
732 Posts
I really took pride in knowing I was part of you comment about the S-10 warranty thing

I knew I liked the SRT 10 guys for a reason

JD

·
Banned
582 Posts
i received a letter from DC decribing the "two" warranties, 3/60 basic and 7/70 powertrain for "every ram truck". iv'e heard the 7/70 powertrain doesn't cover the srt-10. the only reason i bring this up is because at the bottom of the letter is my srt-10 VIN #. wondering if this would hold up in court, if it came down to it! :confused:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I think I mentioned this before, but when I called DC direct the price for a 7yr/50k max care warranty is $1,050.00 (w/ $100. deduct). They said the price was based on the VIN of my YF with no extra charge because of it being an SRT-10. It was priced based on VIN. So the Dealership is trying to get you for an extra 1k for the type of vehicle. DC said that's not correct!

just my 2 cents...... :)

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I have talked to dealers on this *surcharge* and 3 of them said there is for all SRT vehicles and there is even a surcharge for the Dodge Sprinter. 1 dealer said there is no surcharge. :confused:

I bought my 7/75 added care warranty from my selling dealer and there was a 550 dollar surcharge. Pricing on the warranty iteself was good but that surcharge sucked.

I will have to call Daimler to get the real scoop since there is nothing on their website about the surcharge but I saw the retail pricing list the dealer was looking at on his PC which was connected to daimler.

I can tell you that no 3rd party warranty company will even think about covering our trucks.

I will report back what they (damiler) say

Mark

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw the $550 surcharge for class 2 vehicles. Or maybe it was class 1. Anyway, there were two classes with surcharges.

$570 - dealer cost
$550 - surcharge
$150 - something for DC, I forgot
$200 - dealer profit
-------
$1470

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sitedrifter said:
I can tell you that no 3rd party warranty company will even think about covering our trucks.

I will report back what they (damiler) say

Mark
Fidelity is covering all of mine.

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I got the 7/75 added care plus (no need for maximum care for me) for $1800

$1250 + 550 = $1800

Still calling Dodge to find out more

Mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought mine used with 7k miles, they sold me an 8/80 (not typo) DC warranty for employee cost $1250, it covers everything except the usual wear items (tires, battery, belts, fluids). It has $100 deductible. I only bought it since that seemed like cheap insurance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
There is definitely a surcharge and no one is ripping anyone off. Keep in mind when you call DC at times, you have someone that is trying to answer all questions that might be posed, and often they just try to read off a some scripted text. Vipers and SRT-10 Rams all have a class 2 surcharge, and it is picked up in the cost when entered. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Bill Pemberton said:
There is definitely a surcharge and no one is ripping anyone off. Keep in mind when you call DC at times, you have someone that is trying to answer all questions that might be posed, and often they just try to read off a some scripted text. Vipers and SRT-10 Rams all have a class 2 surcharge, and it is picked up in the cost when entered. Hope this helps.

I called Daimler Service Contract Services and got a knowledgeable staffer. He told me there is a CLASS 2 surcharge (like Bill says as well as my dealer) on top of the normal service contract fee.

I asked what is the retail pricing for the surcharge and he quoted $1100 for CLASS 2. I then asked what is the retail price of the 7/75 added care plus and he said $2080

So if I bought the contract from Daimler diretcly (which you can) it would have cost me

$2080 7/75 added care plus
$1100 surcharge for SRT vehicles
$3180 Total

I do not feel too bad with spending $1800 for the same service contract purchased through my dealer.

$550 for surcharge
$1250 for service contract
$1800 total

My contract purchase agreement states a single total price but also stats Class 2 vehicle on it

Mark

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is the extended warranty price different if it is a quad cab or regular cab?

Thanks,
KB

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I bought a 7/60 maximum Care Plan.

$1,500.00

$50.00 deductable

It covers trip interuptions, auto rental,towing, and road side assistance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts