SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you were stuck with the plastic factory bed liner? Will it wear away the paint on the bed and cause rusting? Should it be removed?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Yeah what the hell is that about! Putting a fricken bed liner in a performance truck!! I laughed at my dealer's salesman when he showed me a red one with a bedliner. "What the heck is that doing in there, this thing is a hotrod not a hay-hauler" !! Dealers are always trying to squeeze more $ out of us when they should just leave the truck alone, its almost perfect from the factory.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Derek said:
How many of you were stuck with the plastic factory bed liner? Will it wear away the paint on the bed and cause rusting? Should it be removed?
I was one of the ones "stuck" with a factory bed liner. I am very glad it came with a liner as it saved me the hastle of installing an aftermarket liner. Not often but once in a while I use my truck as a truck. It has hauled sheds, fertilizer, stock exhaust pieces and various assorted other stuff and junk. I have had various PU's throughout the years and most of them have had a bed liner. The ones that didn't had dented and scratched up beds in a very short time, even though I tried to be careful.

I have never experienced excessive paint wear underneath a bed liner. Several bed liner Mfgr's recommend that the bed liner be removed occasionally for cleaning and waxing underneath the liner.
I doubt that I will use my truck as a hay hauler, but you never know. It would be the fastest hay hauler on the block.
The factory liner fits and looks very good.

PS when you leave please go slow as it sometimes upsets the livestock when you drive fast. LOL LOL OLO OLO LOL LOL LOL

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
I have the factory liner, and I'm very happy I do! If it didn't come with one, I would have had the Dealer put one in, just like I had the Dealer do when I purchased my Lightning. I've already had over 1,000lbs. of bagged mulch and topsoil in there (See here: http://www.srt10forum.com/showthread.php?t=470 ), and I'm sure there will be other BIG stuff in the future. :)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Roktman said:
I cringe at hearing you guys actually "use" the bed for this thing called hauling. :) I put a rubber mat back there in the off chance I would "haul" a suitcase back there.........

I am with you. I was wondering about if I was gonna spray in the LineX like I did in my Hemi quad cab. I dont like the idea of doing nothing cause it will get scatched eventually. Beach chairs sliding around doing 80 mph, the mile I drive to my favorite spot!!! :D I think a rubber mat is a great idea. I guarantee you that nobody will be "borrowing my truck" to move to another condo or whatever. NO dice baby, load up yer honda. :eek:

So is that rubber mat rated for 150 mph or [email protected]#$^*) :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
My new red one came with the factory bed liner, and I love it. I had to use it to pick up real estate signs on the way home from the dealer. I was worried about the paint under it so I looked under my 96 GMC, and it still looks pretty good for over 8 years and 115k.

Eric

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Roktman said:
I cringe at hearing you guys actually "use" the bed for this thing called hauling. :) I put a rubber mat back there in the off chance I would "haul" a suitcase back there.........
Weeeeell, I hope you don't have too much to cringe about today. You crack me up, we are talking 1/2 ton pickups here. See Websters definition as follows "a light truck having an enclosed cab and an open body with low sides and tailgate; called also pickup truck." This is the honest to goodness, badest a$$ PICKUP TRUCK that you can buy stock over the counter. I was told by a fellow I had working for me that I had a lot of stuff. I said yes Bobby I do, but do I own my stuff or does my stuff own me. My world consists of objects that need to be hauled and what better thing to haul them with than a PICKUP TRUCK. Yes these things are limited production, no I am not going to turn this into a mud bogger ( I might go Drag Racing once in a while ) But the point is it has to earn It's keep and by definition that is to haul things. That may be fertelizer or A$$.

·
Registered
210 Posts
bedliner?

My new red srt-10 had a bedliner. After a whopping 13 miles i removed it and installed a bed rug,LED light rails and a snugtop SL bedcover,I will never haul anything in the bed except the truck cover. I did notice at the top of the tailgate their was a few light scratches. We rubbed them out though.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
I am with you. I was wondering about if I was gonna spray in the LineX like I did in my Hemi quad cab. I dont like the idea of doing nothing cause it will get scatched eventually. Beach chairs sliding around doing 80 mph, the mile I drive to my favorite spot!!! :D I think a rubber mat is a great idea. I guarantee you that nobody will be "borrowing my truck" to move to another condo or whatever. NO dice baby, load up yer honda. :eek:

So is that rubber mat rated for 150 mph or [email protected]#$^*) :D
Err,Probably not.I hope the Checkmate hard tonneau is though. :D Had it 100 on the way home is all.

I decided to not spend the $400.00 on a spray in liner that was going to be covered by my tonneau cover.I applied that money to the cover ,locking tailgate handle and tax($408.00) I did add a rubber bed mat for $69.00 though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
fstjack said:
Weeeeell, I hope you don't have too much to cringe about today. You crack me up, we are talking 1/2 ton pickups here. See Websters definition as follows "a light truck having an enclosed cab and an open body with low sides and tailgate; called also pickup truck." This is the honest to goodness, badest a$$ PICKUP TRUCK that you can buy stock over the counter. I was told by a fellow I had working for me that I had a lot of stuff. I said yes Bobby I do, but do I own my stuff or does my stuff own me. My world consists of objects that need to be hauled and what better thing to haul them with than a PICKUP TRUCK. Yes these things are limited production, no I am not going to turn this into a mud bogger ( I might go Drag Racing once in a while ) But the point is it has to earn It's keep and by definition that is to haul things. That may be fertelizer or A$$.
Thats my story and I`m stickin` to it.Haulin` a$$ ....yessir......haulin ` grass Nada. :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts