SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night, i not only ran a Ferrari really quickly, but i was not impressed with the results of 200,000 grand. ya, i know they have the really nice leather and all the stuff.
Anyway as i come down Encinitas blvd., last night to Coast hwy 101, i can see an exotic ahead of me close to the coast. He is at the red light waiting to turn on the 101. With my girl in the car ,i look over to her and flipply say " I'm going to rev on him", you know, playing around. So i did,and he looks over,he has his wife with him and i start to laugh looking at my girl.
So something told me he might futz around and sure as **** ,the light went green and we went left,and by the time we were straightened out on 101, he had a car on me,due to law of, the shortest dostance between 2 points.We both punched it and all the way through the end of 2nd gear he did not pull away, at all,... nothing, i was at his bumper from start to finish.. As we stopped at the light i looked at him and told him "just barely". Then it happened.... the lights came on and he looked at me and said"which one of us is he going to get", then the cop on the speaker said both of us need to pull over and we did.
I thought for sure that it was all over but he warned us and told me that he was going to another call and that speeding there is not good because there are alot of drunk people crossing the street-
I got lucky ,...again-
The best part was the rush and then the fact that when i told him just barely, the look on his face.It wasn't nice truck,or any of that just pretty much a,I just ate **** in 200,000 $ car kind of a look.And to a truck,that's gotta weight 5000 lbs,no less. I could just see the wheels turning-
although he could probably care less,when you got that kinda money ,who cares-

I'm quite sure thatb the fact that is was from a roll, helped immensly,asn you all know i have a hard time getting the power to the ground

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
The legend of the srt-10 still grows!!!! You were smiling big time, hanging with the super big $ exotic but then it goes to "oh sh#t", then to "phew". Yes I imagine your adrenaline was pumping. :eek: Life is good in the srt-10!!! :)

Last night I had a minivan try to outrun me at a stoplight!!!! LOL .....I of course had to hit it, he then stayed waaaay back away from me until he turned!! Yeah I know I am cool!! :rolleyes:

patrick

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah Patrick, what's up with that? I had two dudes in a minivan try to race me to a "lane ending" part of the street. I didn't even realize what they were doing until I heard that damb thing SCREAMING... that's when I nailed it.... they lost. At the next light they were reving their **** box up and eek'n forward. I think they actually knew what it was I was driving, and wanted to see it go. Of coarse I showed em, and they enjoyed it. Hey, I try to please everyone.

Nice on the Ferrari. I think I would have challenged him just to see HIM go. I don't think I'll be running into one of those here in Indy, but I have seen one here... ONE. But now that I know... :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First off , no offense but i never claimed "kill". Simply said that he did not pull on me a bit. Second of all it was a testerosa( or how ever you spell it).

·
Registered
447 Posts
Testarossa.
Injected 4.9L Flat12 (about 390HP), 5-speed, approx. 3600 lbs. $87,000.
Don Johnson didn't drive one for nothin'! LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lucky is an understatement! You could have had your truck impounded with some huge fines! Doesn't matter though, if you're like me you'll still do it at the next opportunity! :D

Imagine what could have happened if we had raced. We would have traveled about 30ft and the cop would have had us. heh, heh

Btw, coast highway is a nice, long, straight strip.

Have fun.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Kevan said:
Testarossa.
Injected 4.9L Flat12 (about 390HP), 5-speed, approx. 3600 lbs. $87,000.
Don Johnson didn't drive one for nothin'! LOL
My bud picked up a '92 512TR Testarossa a couple months back. 13K miles, Ferrari RED with Tan leather interior ---> Nice! :D

This one has the Flat 12, 4.9 liter, 430hp, plus whatever his Tubi exhaust gives him. Sounds freakin' incredible! He gave me a ride in it, at WOT!!! (He doesn't baby it :eek: ) Anyway, the thing moves out. The stats on the car say high 12's at 110mph and I believe it! It's hard to tell if our trucks could keep up with that, but I'd like to try sometime.

My biggest gripe is the severe LACK of legroom. I'm 6'4"/250 and I was borderline uncomfortable. Plenty of head and shoulder room though. My Syclone has more legroom than that thing. When I went to get out of the car, I pretty much had to fall out onto my hands, then pull out my legs and get up. Oh, it was a blast anyway. If someone was giving them away, I'd take one! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts