SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RC is at the delaership now becuase I could not fill it with gas, huge problem with this truck. the dealer called me and told me that the filler tube looks as if it has been modified. It has two breathers (at least i think that is what he called them) and the tube does not match what they normally see from the factory.... anybody else have this problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
Are you Joking? :confused: Never heard of such a thing, Hell mine goes through gas like **** through a tin horn! :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,596 Posts
I have a problem with going through gas also. I have heard people call it a "Gas Pedal" and you can control the amount of power the truck develops. I always thought it was an "OFF/ON Switch". No wonder I have problems.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
Milo55 said:
like **** through a tin horn! :)
Could you please elaborate? I'm having problems picturing this one. Not that I'm a big fan of ****. I'm not. Although I find a good **** is somewhat relaxing. Otherwise, I don't have much use for the stuff.

'Why' comes to mind. Like, why **** through a horn, and why tin? Any help?



(Yup, I'm bored. :D )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
Kemon

You need to post a pic of your truck.....sounds cool with what you listed in your sig.

My truck just sucks up fuel like a Nascar truck!!!!!! Cool!!! :D

patrick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
Hamrhead said:
Could you please elaborate? I'm having problems picturing this one. Not that I'm a big fan of ****. I'm not. Although I find a good **** is somewhat relaxing. Otherwise, I don't have much use for the stuff.

'Why' comes to mind. Like, why **** through a horn, and why tin? Any help?



(Yup, I'm bored. :D )
Hamr, Are you sure you want an explaination? :D I do agree with the relaxing thing though. lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
Milo55 said:
Hamr, Are you sure you want an explaination? :D I do agree with the relaxing thing though. lol
Now that I've had time to reflect, and get some sleep, nevermind. ;) We can just run with it., but Thanks! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am still waiting. they had to order parts and they have not recieved them yet. when i get better answers I will fill you guys in. though I am a bit worried about the service guy that wrote me up, he had 2 inch long nails on both of his little fingers and was acting a little jumpy! five star service is starting to worry me. as far as the gas goes, I could only fill in about .2 gallons of gas before the pump would stop. took me 15 mins to get in a quarter tank. I will take pics when I get it back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
Whats that deal called the stops the pump from overfilling your tank? Sounds like yours just keeps tripping that thing. That would be irratating.
Good luck getting it fixed.

patrick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i am still waiting for parts, this is starting to piss me off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the truck back on friday, and the problem is still occuring. took them a week, to do nothing. I have taken it to a different dealer and I shall see how they handle the problem. not to mention those bastards put the wrong oil in the engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
dude, I am afraid to ask......what oil did they put in? And how did they clean it out?

patrick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
kemon78 said:
Got the truck back on friday, and the problem is still occuring. took them a week, to do nothing. I have taken it to a different dealer and I shall see how they handle the problem. not to mention those bastards put the wrong oil in the engine.
They didn't overfill it did they? 04 should have 10-30 mobile 1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Been in any heavy rain or underbody carwashes lately? Have your dealer check for water / fuel in the vapor canister, leak detection pump, or leak detection pump filter. If there is fluid in any of these components, it may prevent the natural venting of your tank during fillups, which explains why it won't take on any fuel. These components are located on the driver side of the vehicle forward in car of the fuel tank. This has been a known issue on the base Ram Trucks; the parts are similar on your Ram SRT10. Also check for any kinked hoses going from the tank to the filler neck.

-toohigh ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mauiSRT/10 said:
dude, I am afraid to ask......what oil did they put in? And how did they clean it out?

patrick

I have no idea what oil they put in it. when i got the bill they only charged me 30 dollars for the oil change. seeing as how i routinely get charged about 100 I knew that the dumbass service writer with fingernails on his pinky fingers for his coke habit had got it wrong. not to mention that my truck would still not take on gas. I took it to another dealer, the dealer that routinely does my service, and they are replacing the gas tank. I am hoping that tech that changed the oil can read the oil cap and put in the right oil and they just mischarged me. but just in case i am having them change the oil again.

seeing as how i live in socal, i have been in rain lately. maybe that is the problem. they cant figure it out, and the problem is still occurring and it has not rained in a week. anyway, they are replacing the tank now and they have already replaced the filler tube. hopefully that will fix it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
The tank is most likely not your problem. Tell the dealer to go after the previously mentioned parts while he's replacing the other stuff to minimize your incovenience. Part Number for the 2004 RC Canister Assembly is 05290422AB. - toohigh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
toohighpsi said:
The tank is most likely not your problem. Tell the dealer to go after the previously mentioned parts while he's replacing the other stuff to minimize your incovenience. Part Number for the 2004 RC Canister Assembly is 05290422AB. - toohigh

IF the tank is or is not the problem is no longer an issue, they have ordered a new one and are going to install it. I showed them all of the paperwork from the other dealership, so they know what it is that they did. I would hope that they checked there work before ordering new parts. I will let you know what the problem turned out to be when I get it back. I also passed on this thread to the tech, thanks for your help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
966 Posts
By the way, Milo55

Milo55 said:
Are you Joking? :confused: Never heard of such a thing, Hell mine goes through gas like **** through a tin horn! :)
Milo,,,how's that tin horn? Have you had to change it yet>>>? :D :D :D
that is fuuny never heard that before...!
d :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
Dallas said:
Milo,,,how's that tin horn? Have you had to change it yet>>>? :D :D :D
that is fuuny never heard that before...!
d :D :D
Dallas, Personally I never tried it. I heard that from an old Navy engineer. Here's another one he liked to say. " Tighter than a Bulls ass in fly time " that use to crack me up... :D :D
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top