SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We told you about Dodge auctioning off the very first Dodge Charger to roll off the production line a few weeks back, but because of the auto show madness it slipped our mind. The car sold for an amazing $75,100 Friday on eBay. But that figure includes the NASCAR shell that was part of the official introduction at the Detroit Auto Show and a trip for two to see the NASCAR race at Darlington Raceway. It seems Chrysler can do no wrong these days. They’re taking the momentum the 300C gave them and follow it with big promotions like this.

Posted at the Dodge Charger Forums -- Direct Link to Article: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154

Original Article Posted Feb 13, 2005, 11:34 PM ET by David Thomas
Related entries: Detroit Auto Show, Sedans/Saloons
Via: http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000357031528/

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So who here on the forums is going to be the first to buy a Charger and supercharge it?

Craig? Where are you bud.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
ekool said:
So who here on the forums is going to be the first to buy a Charger and supercharge it?

Craig? Where are you bud.
I don't like the way it looks. Although I have a new Firepower on order.

Craig

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had to come over here to admit I don't mind the Charger. ;) Just wish they would have left the Intrepid name on it. We talked about buying one but are holding off for a QC SRT hopefully.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I'm with you on this one Craig. The Charger if FUGLY and I predict it will be a giant flop. The firepower however...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I agree also. Why they put the charger name on that four dour sedan, is beyond me? Craig that firepower will be sweet. Excellent choice!

·
Registered
688 Posts
After owning 68, 69, and 70 machines, I'd really been looking forward to it (especially after the econobox version). I tried not to cry when I saw the new one. :(

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Dodge is going to make the charger work. They already have a special package (not including the SRT8) for it, the Daytona version. Special paint, a wing and interior markups along with 10 more ponies over the standard HEMI.
They wil keep the magnum down a bit since it is such a hot seller, they will not offer mid performance packages with it in 2006 like the Charger Daytona so as to get the Charger selling boost they need. This is only my opinion

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts