SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my first dyno run, ever...

415hp, 462tq, at the wheels.

Not to bad for a 88,xxx mi QC, N/A, SCT tuner, K & N, MBRP cat back, and ported TB from Tony.

VPRRAM

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
88K miles and you're still pulling over 400hp at the wheels? Looks awesome to me!

8,725 Posts
that is awesome bo for no more mods than you have!!! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I was happy with the results. It was fun, and good to know what the VPRRAM is putting out. Maybe headers are in my future...

VPRRAM

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
After watching the videos of other trucks making dyno pulls it's amazing your truck even held up! Very violent, it seems, but really cool that you did it.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
After watching the videos of other trucks making dyno pulls it's amazing your truck even held up! Very violent, it seems, but really cool that you did it.
It just looks and sounds more violent. It's really no different than what most of us do to them on the street. :D

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts

Not to bad for a 88,xxx mi QC, N/A, SCT tuner, K & N, MBRP cat back, and ported TB from Tony.

VPRRAM
Congrats, where did you go have your dyno done

8,725 Posts

VPRRAM
Lookin at it, its a crazy split, what or how did they dyno it? what gear so on, I would think with that trq , you should make a bit more hp, but still pretty good boss!

oh and belangers going on MARCH MADNESS SALE BUDDY!:fing02:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Viperam2, I had the dyno done at TurboLab in Orem. Joe is the owner, nice guy.

Tony, I would LOVE the headers you will have on sale, but not in the cards right now. The wife and I had a bad motorcycle accident last year (June 6th), and our douche-bag insurance company wont pay the bills... ($400k), so bankruptcy for me, don't get me started...sorry, so no headers for me...

VPRRAM

·
Registered
16 Posts
I made my first run today , 474 hp and 474 tq .

ROEracing 710 cams , american racing W/C headers B&B catback , volant air intake . ported heads ,intake manifold and TB . The thing is its all been ported by hand not C.N.C .
what do you guys think ? is there a possibility that my heads been ruined ? should i get more HP , or the numbers are fine ?

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
I'm reviving this thread because I'm doing my first dyno run tomorrow! Very excited, especially since I have the same mods VPRRAM did when he started this thread. I'll post pics and video tomorrow night.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Had a great time at my first dyno event! My truck pulled 414hp and 456 lb/ft torque. Was I disappointed? Yeah, a little. But it is what it is. The Ferrari F430 only made 413hp and 290 lb/ft torque so I felt a lot better. Plus the truck made a crowd gather, some people had been waiting just to see it run. Gotta love some truck worship to feed your ego! :smile: Best fifty bucks I've ever spent.

The Results:

The video proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDYzVtHL0P4&feature=youtu.be

I stopped by Richmond Cars & Coffee beforehand:

Waiting my turn (can you see me?):

Trying to fit the gigantic beast in the dyno booth:

Strapped down and ready for the first of three pulls:

I got goosebumps when the truck hit max torque:

Cooling off outside:

The truck made more power and torque than all of these (and many more):

I was the king of horsepower for the day until THIS beast showed up. Bone stock and it made 426 horsepower at the rear wheels. Yikes.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Look like a blast Peter

·
Registered
475 Posts
Awesome pics and vid Peter, gotta love that color on the 06's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm gonna dyno mine in a few months when this year's mods are finished...........

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Thanks guys! Somebody asked me if the truck had been repainted... they couldn't believe it was almost 9 years old. Looking forward to seeing your dyno run, hawk02!

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Found a few pics taken at Cars & Coffee, like how they turned out:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts