SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it wasn`t much of a contest but here goes.I am out cruising tonight and a yellow late model Mustang GT is trying to catch me .He pulls up to me at the next light and revs his motor.I`m thinking do I want to waste my time?Thinking time ...one second and the answer is YES! I do a 2000 RPM launch not even spinning the tires and when I hit second gear I have like 3 cars on him and shut it down.

He pulls up to me at the next light and I look over and say "Wasn`t very close huh" to his girl in the passenger seat and shrug my shoulders.He compliments me on my truck and I turn in McDonalds.He he.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Mustangs are as good of first kill as any - Congrats!

Now just to be fair, go find a Camaro! ;)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
329 Posts
I raced my buddy's 03 mustang cobra a couple of nights ago. I knew he would dust me, but had to give it a go. I couldn't believe it, but I got him off the line. I think he was just spinning and that's why. He got a half a car on me in second. Then I was so surprised he wasn't just smoke'n me I forgot to shift to third and hit the rev limiter. I lost. But hey, the red sled did alot better than I thought it would against him. That super charger he has under there makes a hell of a noise. Maybe I'll have to get me one... :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Roktman said:
Yea Mike.I was almost ashamed to tell it.I couldn`t get a Lightning to bite last week,too much traffic anyway.Gotta up the ante though to be sure. :)
No need to be ashamed. Ever since '99 when the Mustang's got the PI cylinder heads they've been pretty good runners. IMO, with 260hp stock they have the ability to run 13's.

Gotta watch those Lightning's. With a couple simple mods they'll haul azz!

On a side note. I'm now at 2,700 miles and I've either been taking it too easy for too long, or my truck really seems to be running well. Lately I've just been putzing back and forth to work every day, getting 13+ mpg, and generally taking it easy. Last night I was messing around, going through the gears here and there, and it really feels good. Through first and second it definitely feels like it would dust my former Lightning, and that ran 13.20's at 103! Once the Summer passes and we get some cooler weather, I have to take this thing to the strip and find out! :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Roktman said:
Shoulda asked her if she wanted to ride in a REAL runner with a REAL man. :)

"heh baby want some fries!!!!"

So are cobras faster stock or are we? I gotta know there are several of them on my side of the island. They may want to play one night.

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
The '03 and up S/C'd Cobras definitely have the ability to run 110+ in the 1/4. Guess it depends on who can hook up and shift gooder? :D Ya better be ON your game! ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
camaros

a freind of mine has a 96 or so lt1 camaro it says 345hp on the hood,he was on me the first day i got my truck i mentioned that i was planning on super charging my v10 his reply.......youll need it btw his car is stock what do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Hamrhead said:
The '03 and up S/C'd Cobras definitely have the ability to run 110+ in the 1/4. Guess it depends on who can hook up and shift gooder? :D Ya better be ON your game! ;)
thanks Hamrhead, always good to know what your really up against.

I gotta drive an hour to a wedding today. Not really excited about weddings but I will have fun on the drive over and back!!!! And yes my mileage will suffer from catback syndrome!!!

patrick

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hamrhead said:

"gooder"- honest to god is one of my favorite words, Hamr,i'm glad to know i'm not alone

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Hamrhead said:
:D :D :D I'll have you's guys NO I spent a Kouple Yeeeers in Kollege to mastr the Englush langwage. :rolleyes: :p

Mees gradumetated from sowth carrieline with the deegrease. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
takes vettes

My friend has an 03 vette (auto) and we raced numerous times, and every time I will get him by almost a hood length. It does'nt matter if he keeps the traction control on, or has it in performance mode. The results are the same. So based on that I would be very confident in racing a Cobra, since Car and Driver did a comparison of the two and the numbers were almost the same. The only mod I have is the air intake.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
B.Exxon said:
a freind of mine has a 96 or so lt1 camaro it says 345hp on the hood,he was on me the first day i got my truck i mentioned that i was planning on super charging my v10 his reply.......youll need it btw his car is stock what do you guys think?
dude! i have killed SEVERAL of those, 6pd & autos, with no problem, in fact i murdered them. i raced a gt2 porche, it was close (i was spinning & sideways most of the time) but got him too. 3rd gen camaros wont be no problem. now my 67 camaro has a zz572 in her, and that is a different story. :D race him & make him take you to hooters if you when & publicly apologize! :D :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BOOMER said:
dude! i have killed SEVERAL of those, 6pd & autos, with no problem, in fact i murdered them. i raced a gt2 porche, it was close (i was spinning & sideways most of the time) but got him too. 3rd gen camaros wont be no problem. now my 67 camaro has a zz572 in her, and that is a different story. :D race him & make him take you to hooters if you when & publicly apologize! :D :D
:) ;) ..........

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
210 Posts
thanx boomer he had me wondering for a minute but only a minute

1 - 20 of 20 Posts