SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$ 62.50 at the local quick lube, owned by a friend, but does not really give me a discount, hey biz is biz, anyway, when i told him 0w-40w mobile1, he said he called his oil supplier and they said " no such thing "...lol
i told him to tell them, try again. well, what do you know there is 0w-40w.
8.5 qts to fill

life is good

·
Registered
75 Posts
edgebar said:
$ 62.50 at the local quick lube, owned by a friend, but does not really give me a discount, hey biz is biz, anyway, when i told him 0w-40w mobile1, he said he called his oil supplier and they said " no such thing "...lol
8.5 qts to fill

life is good

Hey question, year of your truck and is their a reason behind the 0-40w oil.Thanks. Like temp in your state or something or what. Just wondering.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did they put the truck on a lift, ramp or "drive-over" pit??

Want to DIY oil change my truck this spring. How do other SRT'ers change their oil...ramps??

·
Registered
152 Posts
05 Ram SRT-10 factory specs 0W-40..8.5qts..

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
srt-10again said:
Hey question, year of your truck and is their a reason behind the 0-40w oil.Thanks. Like temp in your state or something or what. Just wondering.
Again, The 04's are shipped with 10-30. The 05's requier the 0-40. I don't know why as there were no changes in the motor from one year to the next. ;)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
edgebar said:
8.5 qts to fill

life is good
That`s a real good price.As long as it is your buddy or you are watching them do the work .Wouldn`t want one of the trainees to forget the oil or something. :eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
75 Posts
Milo55 said:
Again, The 04's are shipped with 10-30. The 05's requier the 0-40. I don't know why as there were no changes in the motor from one year to the next. ;)
So are the 04 guys using the 10-30 or are they going with the 0-40, and is it a better oil because of the weight or what.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Thats the 64 dollar question? I stayed with the 10-30, this way I don't have to change my oil filler cap, LOL ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
srt-10again said:
So are the 04 guys using the 10-30 or are they going with the 0-40, and is it a better oil because of the weight or what.

I am using the 10-30 because that's what the cap says and the dealer puts in. I would like to know if I could, or should use the 0-40. Good question.

Milo - That's some funny ****!! LOL :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Milo55 said:
Thats the 64 dollar question? I stayed with the 10-30, this way I don't have to change my oil filler cap, LOL ;)

Thats funny. LMAO

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Roktman said:
I am using 10w30 even though I have the MGW cap. :D
This is off the subject but is your fire extinguisher mounted on you passenger piller?

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Marc T said:
Mine TOO!!
Did you guys just go right through the plastic into the piller or did you remove the piller and then size it up or what.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Roktman said:
Actually I`m putting the cart before the horse.Still waiting on it.Just couldn`t resist putting it in the mod list. :eek:
Good Idea!!

Heres my wish list:
2004 Blk Ram SRT-10 #549 of 3,057
Chromed Throttle body
Chromed Intake
Gibson Headers
B&B 3" Exhaust
Short Throw Shifter
Centerforce Clutch
Lightweight Flywheel
VEC2 Programmer
4:56 Gears
Hurst T-Handle Shifter
K&N Cold Air Intake
Twin Turbos
Lowered 2" fr 3" rear
305/40/20's Fr BF Goodrich g-Force T/A®
345/40/20's rear BF Goodrich Comp T/A® Drag Radial
5' 7" Blond 36-24-36 co-pilot (no teeth) :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Lac du Flambeau said:
Want to DIY oil change my truck this spring. How do other SRT'ers change their oil...ramps??

I have ramps that I put behind the front wheels and back up on. Everything then is right there and super easy to get too. Our wheels are so fricken wide they were hanging off the side of the ramps!!!! :eek: :D

patrick

ps/ my wishlist would be a larger garage and have a lift in one of the bays!!!

patrick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts