SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post. I have owned my 2005 QC a few years. 45,000 miles. First performance vehicle for the most part. I'm still learning. For 3 years its been and will continue to be my daily driver. Average working man with kids so a QC was a must for me, hauling kids and sports equipment everywhere. I like hitting the track 5 to 6 times a year. Have had a blast and am always the only SRT10 there. The quickest I have ran is 13.98 and would like to reduce that time a little. Damn diesels are killing me at the track. I seem to spin some off the line but not terrible on the track. I spin Terrible on the street tho. New tires coming soon. On a budget of around $2500 I was wondering what mods you all may suggest that would pair well with my current mods. I need it to stay daily usable so weight reduction isnt an option. I have the original factory aluminum bed cover in place as well. I was curious about traction bars? Headers? Small shot of wet NOS? I'm not the type of guy that can afford a rebuild so NOS may be too aggressive for my budget in the long run. I also wanna thank everyone currently on the site as well as past members. I have enjoyed reading old posts and learning from others. It's a great community full of knowledge. Here is a list of the small mods I have currently. Where I live and work 91 octane is best i can get for 25 miles. But can get 93 on days I go to the track.

Stock internals
Magna flow catback
K&N CAI
ROE Racing single blade throttle body
ROE Racing 91 tune on a SCT

Thank you for any advice. Adam

·
Registered
31 Posts
There are ways to reduce weight and maintain daily driver. I have pulled a couple hundred pounds out of mine and still daily it.

At the budget you are at, headers would be your best bet for more power, and something you will want to do with any future mods anyway. I would stay away from nitrous unless you have a really good tuner in your area, and then be very conservative with it. It will kill the pistons in these engines quickly if done wrong.

You could just keep saving and go for a supercharger. JBM makes a kit to put an F1 procharger on these trucks that is mild enough to run on stock but with upgraded internal can push these engines past 1000 hp. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I agree, I may just keep saving away for a supercharger. It seems like the best and safest power adder. After driving the truck for a few years now I'm just getting impatient for more HP. Gotta look at the long game tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts