SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First in the 10's: 10.92 @ 126.6 mph

First Ram SRT10 in the 10's. 10.92 @ 126.6 mph. Full weight (5587 lbs with driver), tail gate in the up position. 1.62 60 ft.

Thanks Craig - mission accomplished on your Silver Bullet! Give me a call when you can so we can schedule shipment of this beast to FL.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

Congratulations John

·
Registered
974 Posts
Congrats are in order! Nice job nice 60ft time also. John what brand clutch are you running?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
John Hennessey said:
First Ram SRT10 in the 10's. 10.92 @ 126.6 mph. Full weight (5587 lbs with driver), tail gate in the up position. 1.62 60 ft.

Thanks Craig - mission accomplished on your Silver Bullet! Give me a call when you can so we can schedule shipment of this beast to FL.
WOW!. That's Great news John! Thanks!.. I'll give you a call this weekend. I've been a little busy playing on my 9.45 second Hayabusa :)

Craig

·
Registered
235 Posts
aye, john im sure you recorded that world setting run right! an srt-10 ram is in the 10's in less then a year of being production, thats a very nice accomplishment, futher showing how powerful the viper v10 is.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
nice job, John. that must be one wild ride.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SRT10x3 said:
WOW!. That's Great news John! Thanks!.. I'll give you a call this weekend. I've been a little busy playing on my 9.45 second Hayabusa :)

Craig
Sounds good Craig. We are having the video professionally edited. Should have it online in about a week.

·
Registered
447 Posts
CONGRATS! That's a helluva truck you're getting, Craig. Enjoy it.

John- you need to update your signature here. :D

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Congrats!!! Great 60'. Great MPH.

IF, that is on Pump Gas, then all I can say is, *TRY* to stay outta trouble Craig!!! :eek: :D :cool:

And ya better start stocking up on Pirelli's!!! ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
John, glad to see that you got a SRT in the 10s, but since you are right here in Houston, why don't we run out to HRP real quick and see how it does. If you got to ship it to Florida, we can run Friday and that way you can back up your 10 sec pass. Just a thought, not trying to call you out, just in case you wanted to run it, I thought alittle comp. never hurts.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chillfactor said:
John, glad to see that you got a SRT in the 10s, but since you are right here in Houston, why don't we run out to HRP real quick and see how it does. If you got to ship it to Florida, we can run Friday and that way you can back up your 10 sec pass. Just a thought, not trying to call you out, just in case you wanted to run it, I thought alittle comp. never hurts.
We might bring it to HRP on Wed. What will the track do if we run 10.9 ? If a Viper runs under 12.0 without a rollbar then they kick them out of the track. I dont want to waste a trip to the track for one run. Please let me know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
John, they are not open on Weds until Jan 05. I forgot this is the Holiday weekend, but they may be open Friday....would have to call and check. Right now they are allowing High pro cars and truck run 11.49 without a cage. I have made many a pass out there without to many problems....just don't push your luck, if you know what I mean. I am in Waco for a few days, so let me know :) .

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
hey john just thought I would ask if you were going to the race in fla on the 10th, just talked to the guys at underground ( no offense to you now there just only 30 min from my house ) and they said they were going, they are also putting together a srt-10 ram just not sure how far they are going with it, by the way congrats on the awesome pass, dam it must be fun to drive one of the fastest street trucks in america, you lucky lucky man, of course those lambo's must be fun also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chillfactor said:
John, they are not open on Weds until Jan 05. I forgot this is the Holiday weekend, but they may be open Friday....would have to call and check. Right now they are allowing High pro cars and truck run 11.49 without a cage. I have made many a pass out there without to many problems....just don't push your luck, if you know what I mean. I am in Waco for a few days, so let me know :) .
So when you ran your 10.7 there you ran without a rollbar and they didnt give you any trouble over it?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stinker said:
hey john just thought I would ask if you were going to the race in fla on the 10th, just talked to the guys at underground ( no offense to you now there just only 30 min from my house ) and they said they were going, they are also putting together a srt-10 ram just not sure how far they are going with it, by the way congrats on the awesome pass, dam it must be fun to drive one of the fastest street trucks in america, you lucky lucky man, of course those lambo's must be fun also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin @ UGR does good work and I have always gotten along with him just fine. I'd be happy to race him, win or lose, anytime.

Not sure if we are going to run the silver truck in FL or not.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Yeah they seem to be a good group of guys over there, best thing is there close to the house. Thats what sportsmanship is all about win loose draw, its all fun fun fun!!!! By the way if ya head to fla be careful on I 10 around Mariana or however its spelled, them highway boys get upset at truckers doing 92mph in a 70 zone!!loollolololol :D :D

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
John Hennessey said:
So when you ran your 10.7 there you ran without a rollbar and they didnt give you any trouble over it?
Just run like a MF'er out to 1000' and get on the brakes a couple times. Then, when you're ready, lay into it all the way down, get your number, get tossed off the track, and go home with a BIG :D on your face!

Works for me!

·
Registered
43 Posts
In most cases they will let you run 2x before the axe: however I have not run it out the back door yet.......have only run it to the 1000 ft. mark. If Wyane is in the booth we should be fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
John, I need to know soonest, as I am trying to plan the holiday weekend. If you need another week or so let me know and we can get together than. Peace out...............Mike :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts