SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the photos of the snug top hard tonneau cover that sits on top off the bed, but I was wondering if anyone makes a flush fitting tonneau cover that works with the wing?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That worked perfectly, Thank You.

·
Registered
732 Posts
i just put a checkmate hard cover on my srt 10

fits good looks great but was some work to get it to fit the way i wanted

i can email you pics if needed

jamie

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looks great! How was the install ? Did you do it your self ?
Also what model is it? I am looking at getting one of those myself. Oh yeah
do you thinks it's water tight ? Where I live in east texas it rains allot

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
It's the cover that Joeykunz posted a link to, the Checkmate FX. I did install it myself but you will need the help of some friends when moving it around and mounting it. It's also very light, I'm not sure on the exact weight though. I got it with the piano hinges instead of the quick release since the wing is in the way for opening it and I never intend to use the bed for "hauling" anyway. The hinges are screwed to the bed. You will need to install some sort of foam around the cover where it was modified for the wing to keep the water out. I would guess that it is about 95% water tight once you seal round the wing. The only water my truck sees is when I wash it.

David

Attachments

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys, you answered all my questions.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Stingray said:
It's the cover that Joeykunz posted a link to, the Checkmate FX. I did install it myself but you will need the help of some friends when moving it around and mounting it. It's also very light, I'm not sure on the exact weight though. I got it with the piano hinges instead of the quick release since the wing is in the way for opening it and I never intend to use the bed for "hauling" anyway. The hinges are screwed to the bed. You will need to install some sort of foam around the cover where it was modified for the wing to keep the water out. I would guess that it is about 95% water tight once you seal round the wing. The only water my truck sees is when I wash it.

David
I see what your saying about keeping it water tight. I can work around that. Where it goes around the wing was that already modified like that or did you have to trim it?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Titan said:
I see what your saying about keeping it water tight. I can work around that. Where it goes around the wing was that already modified like that or did you have to trim it?
I had to trim the top for the wing. I set the top on the bed and then set the wing on the top. I marked where it had to be trimmed then used an air saw and a die grinder with a 2" disc to trim the top, just don't rush it. I'm happy how mine turned out.

David

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
JoeN said:
Attached are some photos of the Checkmate soft flush mount tonneay. I shimmed the rear attacment studs about 1/4" so the spoiler would fit on top of the tonneau. Joe
Nice :) Looks real good

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought the Checker Pro but haven't installed it yet. After install, I'll post pics.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Well,Just got back from Benton KY.Got my tonneau cover put on,modded and all for FREE.

They are really a bunch of nice folks at the factory.Just like 14 people work there ,a Mom and Pop kinda place.

Left at 0345 this AM and got back 1615. It was 650 miles round trip and 2 hours to put on the cover ,tailgate lock and seal where they modified the back under the wing.

I recommend them if you are within a few hours of Western KY. :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
974 Posts
Roktman said:
Well,Just got back from Benton KY.Got my tonneau cover put on,modded and all for FREE.

They are really a bunch of nice folks at the factory.Just like 14 people work there ,a Mom and Pop kinda place.

Left at 0345 this AM and got back 1615. It was 650 miles round trip and 2 hours to put on the cover ,tailgate lock and seal where they modified the back under the wing.

I recommend them if you are within a few hours of Western KY. :)
Post some pics if you can. I sure would like to see how they sealed it around the wing..
:D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have You tried the flushmount covers at 150 mph.

The flush mount covers have a tentatency of collapsing into the box at 150 mph where as a hard cover stands up to pressure. I've got the hard cover and mounted the wing on it. It looks factory and it is functional at 150 mph.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts