SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
It's the cover that Joeykunz posted a link to, the Checkmate FX. I did install it myself but you will need the help of some friends when moving it around and mounting it. It's also very light, I'm not sure on the exact weight though. I got it with the piano hinges instead of the quick release since the wing is in the way for opening it and I never intend to use the bed for "hauling" anyway. The hinges are screwed to the bed. You will need to install some sort of foam around the cover where it was modified for the wing to keep the water out. I would guess that it is about 95% water tight once you seal round the wing. The only water my truck sees is when I wash it.

David

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
Titan said:
I see what your saying about keeping it water tight. I can work around that. Where it goes around the wing was that already modified like that or did you have to trim it?
I had to trim the top for the wing. I set the top on the bed and then set the wing on the top. I marked where it had to be trimmed then used an air saw and a die grinder with a 2" disc to trim the top, just don't rush it. I'm happy how mine turned out.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.