SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looks great! How was the install ? Did you do it your self ?
Also what model is it? I am looking at getting one of those myself. Oh yeah
do you thinks it's water tight ? Where I live in east texas it rains allot

·
Registered
974 Posts
Stingray said:
It's the cover that Joeykunz posted a link to, the Checkmate FX. I did install it myself but you will need the help of some friends when moving it around and mounting it. It's also very light, I'm not sure on the exact weight though. I got it with the piano hinges instead of the quick release since the wing is in the way for opening it and I never intend to use the bed for "hauling" anyway. The hinges are screwed to the bed. You will need to install some sort of foam around the cover where it was modified for the wing to keep the water out. I would guess that it is about 95% water tight once you seal round the wing. The only water my truck sees is when I wash it.

David
I see what your saying about keeping it water tight. I can work around that. Where it goes around the wing was that already modified like that or did you have to trim it?

·
Registered
974 Posts
JoeN said:
Attached are some photos of the Checkmate soft flush mount tonneay. I shimmed the rear attacment studs about 1/4" so the spoiler would fit on top of the tonneau. Joe
Nice :) Looks real good

·
Registered
974 Posts
Roktman said:
Well,Just got back from Benton KY.Got my tonneau cover put on,modded and all for FREE.

They are really a bunch of nice folks at the factory.Just like 14 people work there ,a Mom and Pop kinda place.

Left at 0345 this AM and got back 1615. It was 650 miles round trip and 2 hours to put on the cover ,tailgate lock and seal where they modified the back under the wing.

I recommend them if you are within a few hours of Western KY. :)
Post some pics if you can. I sure would like to see how they sealed it around the wing..
:D

·
Registered
974 Posts
Joeykunz said:
So you have witnessed this? On what brand cover? I hightly doubt the fx cover (which is a hard cover) would collapse. Heck, even my checkmate soft cover didnt collapse and I had that up to 105.

I call bs.
LoL sorry for the comment but I just laughed my ass off on this one... He makes hit point then says "I call bullshit" LoL gota love this guy LoL :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.