SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
I like the Checkmate too.Details please.I like the idea of not putting the wing on top of the cover.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Hey the Checkmate is made in W.KY about 3 hours south of Cincinnati.They install them for FREE 6 days a week.I am making an appointment for one day next week....Whee! :)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
I have an appointment on TH to have mine installled at the factory.I am getting the hard one though.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Well,Just got back from Benton KY.Got my tonneau cover put on,modded and all for FREE.

They are really a bunch of nice folks at the factory.Just like 14 people work there ,a Mom and Pop kinda place.

Left at 0345 this AM and got back 1615. It was 650 miles round trip and 2 hours to put on the cover ,tailgate lock and seal where they modified the back under the wing.

I recommend them if you are within a few hours of Western KY. :)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
I am unfortunately digitally challenged...LOL.I have no camera or the intelligence to post pics. :( I will tell you that they used black foam to wrap around the edges of the cuts in the cover and put that material under it as well.

They said there covers are only water RESISTANTwhen unmodified,so they are not water PROOF.About 90 % they said.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Hmmm...Only had the truck up to 100 on the way back today.

Hope it holds up OK.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
The magic of aerodynamics at it`s finest I`m thinkin`. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.