SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been toying with the idea of selling my buell. Want to get rid of it and get a ducati. Here are the details: 2003 Buell XB9SL(this is the lowered model with shorter seat and suspension). Yellow with only 1900 miles. No problems and out of warranty. Want something different(Ducati 999). Would like to have 5,000.00 but if you're interested let's talk. Shoot me an email or if you want to give me a call here's my cell=901-233-2137. Anyone can look at it just let me know and we can set up a time. Later, Shawn.

·
Registered
93 Posts
marionbiker said:
I have been toying with the idea of selling my buell. Want to get rid of it and get a ducati. Here are the details: 2003 Buell XB9SL(this is the lowered model with shorter seat and suspension). Yellow with only 1900 miles. No problems and out of warranty. Want something different(Ducati 999). Would like to have 5,000.00 but if you're interested let's talk. Shoot me an email or if you want to give me a call here's my cell=901-233-2137. Anyone can look at it just let me know and we can set up a time. Later, Shawn.

I used to have a ducati s4, didnt really like it. switched to a 9s and like that much more. I actually fit on it and it runs real good when splitting lanes. 999 sounds cool, but after having ridden a ducati, I do not suggest them. good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ducati is the way to go. There is no other bike that you will like more than a ducati. Go with it.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
If you want straight line speed buy a busa
If you want to have hp and turn a corner GSXR
If you want prestige and no power stock buy a duc

·
Registered
732 Posts
stinker said:
If you want straight line speed buy a busa
If you want to have hp and turn a corner GSXR
If you want prestige and no power stock buy a duc

LOL thats true

a buddy has a ducati and its always in the shop (probably due to rider error) but it sux

as for a Busa there is a orange one with funky graphics on it here in SE Michigan i played with him last summer

DAMN he was quick

he was impressed that i was hangin with him for a bit then the prick walked me doing a wheelie (i shoulda rammmed him but i could not catch up to him ;)

he was real cool and wanted to see the truck he destroyed

OH well it was fun

JD

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ducati's

A close friend of mine has 2 duc's. An 01' Monster S4 and a 00' 900 Supersport. The s4 has the sps cams and computer and full exhaust. Haven't seen a jap bike outrun him yet. The supersport is just a fun bike to ride. As for being in the shop, the s4 has 13,000 miles on it without even having to have the rockers re-shimmed yet. The supersport has 8,000 miles without any problems as well. You have to give the Italians credit, they build the best cars and bikes hands down. And the 999 I'm looking at is just a beast. Just my .02. :cool:

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
The 05 999R, note R model at $24,999 is strong with a $3800 full exhaust and programming it makes about 145-150 rwhp. But for $30,000 you can aslo buy 3 GSXR 1000's with 160 rwhp stock. Now mind you I am a duc lover, and with ducati paying contingency this year in road racing its even better, its just hard to spend $17000 for a base model with low #'s to win $500 on a weekend. But the do inspire confidence in the corners but stock there straight line ability lacks. What makes them a blast to ride on the street is the major torque they have, just be sure to try to get the 05 model, the have major updates though subtle, such as the swingarm and so-on. Enjoy the new ride, and check out www.motowheels.com and Bruce at BCM ducati both of these are great helpful people, also Mark Sutton at the Duc shop in atlanta, and Phil at Ferraci in PA.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
stinker said:
The 05 999R, note R model at $24,999 is strong with a $3800 full exhaust and programming it makes about 145-150 rwhp. But for $30,000 you can aslo buy 3 GSXR 1000's with 160 rwhp stock. Now mind you I am a duc lover, and with ducati paying contingency this year in road racing its even better, its just hard to spend $17000 for a base model with low #'s to win $500 on a weekend. But the do inspire confidence in the corners but stock there straight line ability lacks. What makes them a blast to ride on the street is the major torque they have, just be sure to try to get the 05 model, the have major updates though subtle, such as the swingarm and so-on. Enjoy the new ride, and check out www.motowheels.com and Bruce at BCM ducati both of these are great helpful people, also Mark Sutton at the Duc shop in atlanta, and Phil at Ferraci in PA.
i agree, and if i (when) i get another race bike it would be a gsxr but my heart REALLY wants an Aprilla-i saw the haga model in maui of all places and all the blood went south to little Boomer & i almost passed out. for me a regular Mille would be fine. one of those in the near future maybe. :D

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Boomer just a little kick for ya, buy a factory mille R model with the ohlins and forged wheels, Base price $17,995, get $4400 off now, the just run 2 club events local, and get another 1600 back, so you end up only paying around $10-$11,000 for the bike. Just a thought. :D

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have very little experience on bikes. I bought one in 01, it was a new Honda CBR600..... It was a good bang for the buck. I really like the new CBR600RR better... Nice looking, and I like the way they hid the exhaust up under the tail. Just need more seat time before picking up another one! Need to find a really good school! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts