SRT10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fyi New Worlds Quickest Lightning (set TODAY-2/15/04)

1.51 60'
6.60 @ 105mph 1/8
10.38 @ 128mph 1/4

and he either blew a head gasket or lifted a head on the run about 3/4 of the way down the track.
He would have been in the 9's or very close had that not happened.
Also, he is running a STOCK TRANNY with a shift kit. NO MONSTER BOX TRANSMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146287&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

Video and time slip pic are in the f150 thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
So how fast do they go without breaking? In this example the guy ran 10's on a lighting for probably $3000 in mods and $3000 in repairs. Now he's pushing the $42,000 price of a SRT-10 and a under $1000 N2O system which has run 10's w/o breaking anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Hersbird said:
So how fast do they go without breaking? In this example the guy ran 10's on a lighting for probably $3000 in mods and $3000 in repairs. Now he's pushing the $42,000 price of a SRT-10 and a under $1000 N2O system which has run 10's w/o breaking anything.
He has more than $6000 in mods...and when/where has a SRT-10 ran 10s?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hersbird said:
So how fast do they go without breaking? In this example the guy ran 10's on a lighting for probably $3000 in mods and $3000 in repairs. Now he's pushing the $42,000 price of a SRT-10 and a under $1000 N2O system which has run 10's w/o breaking anything.

How big of a shot would that take?And how long do you think it would handle it? I cant imagine how much it would cost to replace that V10 in your trucks!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I've taken down plenty of Vipers at the track...definately not scared of the truck. :cool: over $40000 for a mid 13 second truck...no thanks, I rather get a L and spent a few hundred on a chip and pulley.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
To bad that chip and pully void your warrenty. That's great that a Lightning can do 10 seconds. It's too bad you run a high risk blowing something everytime you run it that fast. You need some bucks regardless to run that fast.

No question the srt-10 cost more bucks, but it also has so much more room to play with performance wise. It will only be a matter of time till someone slaps on a turbo or supercharger. I can only imagine the srt-10's true fun factor is taking it through some corners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
TrueBlueSVT said:
I've taken down plenty of Vipers at the track...definately not scared of the truck. :cool: over $40000 for a mid 13 second truck...no thanks, I rather get a L and spent a few hundred on a chip and pulley.
over 30,000 dollars for a L that runs 14's stock. No thanks, I'd rather get a $22,000 hemi ram and add a $5,000 turbo kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
hmmmm

over 30,000 dollars for a L that runs 14's stock. No thanks, I'd rather get a $22,000 hemi ram and add a $5,000 turbo kit.
FYI: Most people don't pay more than 30k for a lightning, that is if they know how to buy a car. Secondly, the lightnings haven't run 14's stock since 2000.........4 years ago. My father's 03 has run a 13.5 bone stock and i have seen stock trucks as low as 13.3. And you can go buy a hemi and throw a turbo kit on it, but I know for a FACT, that dodge is having their own problems with the hemi .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
tallimeca said:
FYI: Most people don't pay more than 30k for a lightning, that is if they know how to buy a car. Secondly, the lightnings haven't run 14's stock since 2000.........4 years ago. My father's 03 has run a 13.5 bone stock and i have seen stock trucks as low as 13.3. And you can go buy a hemi and throw a turbo kit on it, but I know for a FACT, that dodge is having their own problems with the hemi .

Yes Yes, I've heard it all before...


and I'm not having any issues with my hemi.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Joeykunz said:
Yes Yes, I've heard it all before...

and I'm not having any issues with my hemi.
You should do more research, your info seems to be out-dated.

Fastest err quickest stock lightning so far is 13.1... Believe it or not, you just make yourself look less informed..

btw, how old is that imagine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I have to admit that I love the looks of the SRT, but it just doesn't seem worth the money to me. As far as upgrading a HEMI, I know my little brother is planning on strapping a Kenne Bell over the summer. I can't wait to see it. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Joeykunz said:
I know I love that pic.

STOCK L's do NOT run low 13's.
Mine does.. I hold the record for the quickest stock lightning atm... at 13.15.. there are a few close behind at 13.2

Here's the debate when someone called bs on my time...
http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143727&highlight=13.1

back to your lack of research... You should check this link out, start at lightning number 220 and go down the list of lightning times to look for unmodded trucks.
http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=30606

I'm tryin to help you dudes. Your severely mis-informed..
Not only are stock lightnings in the low 13's but close to 12's.

good luck, later
 
1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top