SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gtechpro webpage Ever heard of this device? I have seen it on two tv shows this weekend. It's suppose to measure hp, torque, 1/4 mile time etc...all through your cig lighter. Also has shift lights and more. Says it has accuracy up 100th of a second in the quarter mile. All for only $200. Now if this is for real, its quite a bargin for the money. Easy install, shift lights,lots of data,thats right no wiring at all, plugs into the cig lighter, so the dealer will never know you were dragging when you gotta bring it in for service!!!! hmmm..

Anybody have any insight on this one.

patrick

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Trap speed is actual with the G-tech and not an average (I forget how many feet the traps are) like at the track. The ET is higher with the G-tech because it starts the instant you move while at the track you are already moving when you trip the light.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
9 seconds said:
Trap speed is actual with the G-tech and not an average (I forget how many feet the traps are) like at the track. The ET is higher with the G-tech because it starts the instant you move while at the track you are already moving when you trip the light.
So the track measures the average and not the first trap huh? I thought it clocked the first beam......(not a big drag racer I`m thinkin`)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Roktman said:
So the track measures the average and not the first trap huh? I thought it clocked the first beam......(not a big drag racer I`m thinkin`)
1/4 mile speed at the track is calculated based on the time it take to travel through a 60 ft. "trap" with the finish line being in the middle of the trap.

Here is a great site for drag racing tips/info. --->http://www.musclecarclub.com/library/race/drag-racing-tips.shtml

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Me thinks the Drag Strip measures the last 60' of the run, then averages it for your mph.

I had the original G-Tech Pro, and Yes, it will give you an 'idea' of what your truck is capable of, but it Ain't exact. If I remember correctly, the mph always read high compared to the timeslip, and the ET was a little slower than what the timeslip said. Figure on 3-4mph and a good 1/4 second off compared to the timeslip. I got these readings from my Mustang.

Now if you have an All Wheel Drive Vehicle that launches HARD, :D , forget it! I used it in my Syclone, when the Sy was a low 12 second truck, and the readings were all F'd up! Dunno why, but the G-Tech didn't like taking off that hard. :confused: Though I did! :D

I guess it does what it was designed to do, but I sold mine. If I were ever to get another one, I'd get a Vericom. From what I've heard they are deadly accurate!

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hamrhead said:
Me thinks the Drag Strip measures the last 60' of the run, then averages it for your mph.

I guess it does what it was designed to do, but I sold mine. If I were ever to get another one, I'd get a Vericom. From what I've heard they are deadly accurate!
Well for 10x the cost the vc3000 should be accurate :)

Craig

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After spending an evening at the track and trying to shift accuratly and consistantly, I really think a shift light will help a lot...the g tech pro has one built in. Just wondering if anybody has used it? Dont really want to install one permanently. I would rather keep that info from the dealer in case any service issues come up.

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
I don't think there is any 'permanant installation' to speak of. Just plug the sucker into your cigarette lighter, stick it to the windshield, and go. It's just an accelerometer thingamagigger. ;)

So, what kinda times did you turn Patrick???? :D :cool: :)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hamrhead said:
I don't think there is any 'permanant installation' to speak of. Just plug the sucker into your cigarette lighter, stick it to the windshield, and go. It's just an accelerometer thingamagigger. ;)

So, what kinda times did you turn Patrick???? :D :cool: :)
http://www.vericomcomputers.com/PriceSheet.htm for pricing

I talked with the Gtech people, the strongly recommend it being mounted permanently, that is why it comes with a removeable front. 99% of customer complaints and inaccuracies are improper mounting.

Craig

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So how good is the shift light function it offers? Could have used it last night.
The vericom stuff is quite pricey. g tech's sell for 2 to $300.

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
SRT10x3 said:

I talked with the Gtech people, the strongly recommend it being mounted permanently, that is why it comes with a removeable front. 99% of customer complaints and inaccuracies are improper mounting.

Craig
Yikes! I stand corrected. Maybe it was a used unit I remember seeing for sale - not sure anymore as it's been a while? :confused:

Wasn't aware of the permanant mounting either. The original G-Tech I had used simple suction cups to attach to the windshield. Then had a built-in 'level' to get it straight and even.

·
Registered
180 Posts
SRT10x3 said:

Craig
Yes the mounting and making sure everything is leveled/zeroed out is a big thing and, when done properly, they are damn accurate. until they come flying off the suction cup mount a few times on hard launches LOL
I'd say a good investment, so you don't have to wait for a trackday etc. to checkout your latest ideas/changes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts