SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BBlack 05 has the “standard” Overhead Console w/trip Computer and Garage Opener.

Just wondering if any of you Tec’s out there thought the garage opener could be programmed to open the remote solenoid on a Snuglid SL ?

If I had some idea as to what the Dodge transmitter specs. are, - frequency(s) etc., I will contact SnugTop for more specific info on their product.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Snuglid/Garage opener

Kaholo,
Snugtop told me it can be done. And my top came with instructions on how to do it. I have not had a chance to do it yet. Also, the problem you may have is that with the spoiler the solenoid cannot generally get the top up high enough to clear both latches. And therefore is still locked by the time you get there. With mine I usually push it up after the first of the two pops. I am trying to come up with a way with a spacer or something keeping slight tension so it will go up enough every time.

Good luck and let me know if you perfect it.

Ed

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ed, I would like to see what those instructions say. If it would help, I can PM you my email address. If not, I understand and I will try SnugTop directly, but last time I contacted them, they seemed to only want to work with a Dealer, not an individual user.

Went out and checked my latches again. You are right; sometimes it needs a little bit of help to release both sides. Perhaps extra gasket material compressed on each side, where the rear of the lid overlaps the tailgate would do it. Or, could just be a re-adjustment of slam latch system (see Installation Instructions item 7. page 2 of 4). I’ll play with it some more.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Lac du Flambeau said:
I could not program my SRT with my overhead opener...tried several times???
Mine works great. Just follow the instructions in the manual. I believe it will memorize any standard RF. :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Snuglid/Garage opener

Kaholo,
I have scanned the programming procedure for the top. However I cannot get it inserted into this thread as a Word Doc or a JPEG. Maybe you should send me your email address to [email protected]. I also have the wiring diagram etc., so let me know if you need those too.

Also, write SRT-10 in the subject so I don't mistake it for junkmail.

Ed

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Hold the two outside buttons for 20 plus seconds till it blinks to clear any codes. Hold your actual remote next to the unit and press the remote and the home link button together till it starts to blink. Repeat as necessary.

If you have a door opener with rolling codes you need to train the home link to your opener after this step. Generally there is a "learn" button on your door opener housing. You press the button and then press the homelink button 2 or 3 times.

Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ed Snare said:
Kaholo,
Snugtop told me it can be done. And my top came with instructions on how to do it. I have not had a chance to do it yet. Also, the problem you may have is that with the spoiler the solenoid cannot generally get the top up high enough to clear both latches. And therefore is still locked by the time you get there. With mine I usually push it up after the first of the two pops. I am trying to come up with a way with a spacer or something keeping slight tension so it will go up enough every time.

Good luck and let me know if you perfect it.

Ed
I have exactly the same setup with the SnugSL and the remote. Have also noticed that it won't quite pop up enough to clear. If you come up with something to make it clear, please share that on this thread for the rest of not-so-innovative folks.

Thanks, Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts