SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was wondering is it just me or does everyone have an issue putting there srt10 into reverse. Its really hard for me to get it into reverse and even sometimes into 2nd and 3rd. I have 27k miles on the truck and was wondering does it sound like I need a new clutch.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Irishjap said:
So i was wondering is it just me or does everyone have an issue putting there srt10 into reverse. Its really hard for me to get it into reverse and even sometimes into 2nd and 3rd. I have 27k miles on the truck and was wondering does it sound like I need a new clutch.
Yeppers, time for a new clutch and Viper Hydraulics upgrade!!

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
or at least start by flushing the trans fluid....i noticed a huge difference.....49k miles on original clutch and towing and racing and burnouts and.... $125 vs. $1225...at least to start

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thx a lot for the feed back guys I will go do all these things you guys recommended on my next day off.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Are you a RC or QC? If QC it might just need linkage adjustment, had to have that done to mine, was having a hard time getting it into park sometimes

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
i gotta ask the obvious, you never know, but did you check the hydro fluid level first

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
sometimes is the most obvious things that we overlook...hope that's it, although, if it is, it's a wonder why it left?!?!?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Marc T said:
Yeppers, time for a new clutch and Viper Hydraulics upgrade!!

Viper Hydraulics upgrade!! IF U DONT MIND ME ASKING. IS THERE A UPGRADE AND ABOUT WHEN AND WERE DO U NEED IT. im sorry ive had mine for about 6months and im still leaning.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
I had trouble shifting @ WOT.A fluid change in the tranny cured mine.Might be worth a try first.

If you go with a CF clutch and Viper master and slave cylinder try Roe Racing.They have the complete kit including the shims you need to mount the new master cylinder.I bought mine off another forum member.Had to make the shims and that slowed us down for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought an RC with 85k miles. I’m not mechanically inclined. I’m having trouble with reverse popping out and grinding every time I put it in reverse. How/where do you check the trans fluid? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The shifter has a plastic cup connected to the trans. Mine was torn witch made shifting bad. Look for a brass replacement for the Tremec. It will improve your shifting. Remove the boot, unbolt the shifter and replace the cup. Grease the brass cup.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The shifter has a plastic cup connected to the trans. Mine was torn witch made shifting bad. Look for a brass replacement for the Tremec. It will improve your shifting. Remove the boot, unbolt the shifter and replace the cup. Grease the brass cup.
My buddy recently experienced this reverse issue on his new SRT10 project. We'll check out the trans plastic cup after we finished installing the bumper and winch plus the bushwacker fender flares on the Wrangler tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts