SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK OK OK! Not to rain on MoFo's parade but, Dec issue of StreetTrucks on page 22 show www.gibsonperformance.com just came out with headers for the beast. The website doesn't give pricing though. They state a gain of 32hp and 64 # torque. These are direct replacements for the factory manifolds.. I know a few of you don't have anything close to stock exhaust now but for those of us still stock this might be an option. Available in stainless and ceramic. Lifetime warranty too. Just thought a few would be interested. :cool:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Droopy said:
OK OK OK! Not to rain on MoFo's parade but, Dec issue of StreetTrucks on page 22 show www.gibsonperformance.com just came out with headers for the beast. The website doesn't give pricing though. They state a gain of 32hp and 64 # torque. These are direct replacements for the factory manifolds.. I know a few of you don't have anything close to stock exhaust now but for those of us still stock this might be an option. Available in stainless and ceramic. Lifetime warranty too. Just thought a few would be interested. :cool:
I have seen the Gibson Headers and they are a small diameter shorty header. MOFO's header is is in a different league from the Gibsons. They are a true performance header. I know I would have used MOFO's if it had been available when I had mine built.. ..Jack

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
So I guess I made the right choice putting my money and trust in MOFO. From what he has said they sound top-notch, can't wait to turn the wrench on 'em. :D Also MOFO's is 3" out , what size was gibsons?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
9 seconds said:
So what are you saying Jack? Should I use stepped? :D
There is a real art as well as science to designing good long tube headers I would have gone with MOFO"S headers if they had been available before I had mine built. It cost me $2500.00 to have my headers made. They work but from what I have heard MOFO's work as well as mine did before I took them off. I would have liked the $1000.00 in my pocket instead of spending it. I just do not like a shorty header that well. MOFO's are long tube. I do have shorties on my daily driver (Expedition) as there is nothing else available and the stock manifolds were very restrictive. With the supercharger I needed something and did not want to go with the expense of custom built headers. MOFO's system is designed from a performance not a lets make it cheap view. From what I have heard MOFO's headers make good HP and tremendous torque gains.......Jack

·
Registered
157 Posts
I called summit today and they said that they were 739.99, and they did not have the price to the stainless headers yet

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts