SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I was at the Goodguys Car Show this last weekend in Pleasanton, CA. I was the only Ram SRT-10 there. Of course there were a ton of L's, none of which would even give me the time of day!! I tried to get one to race me home, but the guy was a complete jerk!!! Gave me a thumbs down when I reved my engine... What a butthole, anyways I did meet one L owner that was way cool, saying there is "no comparison" between the 2 trucks!! Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know, if these car shows come to your town you need to get your trucks in there, I had more people looking at my truck then were looking at the vipers! I loved it!!!

Anyways, happy motoring!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
HDVIPER said:
Well guys, I was at the Goodguys Car Show this last weekend in Pleasanton, CA. I was the only Ram SRT-10 there. Of course there were a ton of L's, none of which would even give me the time of day!! I tried to get one to race me home, but the guy was a complete jerk!!! Gave me a thumbs down when I reved my engine... What a butthole, anyways I did meet one L owner that was way cool, saying there is "no comparison" between the 2 trucks!! Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know, if these car shows come to your town you need to get your trucks in there, I had more people looking at my truck then were looking at the vipers! I loved it!!!

Anyways, happy motoring!
Your right ! This truck gets more attention than any vehicle I ever driven. I love it !!!. When you drive the best, the hell with the rest !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
i saw your truck there .it looked clean .people were gathered around it.i didnt know it was your truck though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
The Goodguys are in Indy this weekend. Maybe I'll run mine out there. I entered it in a smaller show last weekend and you guys are right, they do get lots of attention. But there were NO L's at this show :rolleyes: Oh well, guess I'll have to wait to hear that tinge of jealousy in their voices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gto19 said:
i saw your truck there .it looked clean .people were gathered around it.i didnt know it was your truck though

You were there, huh??? Did you talk to us?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
The Goodguys are in Indy this weekend. Maybe I'll run mine out there. I entered it in a smaller show last weekend and you guys are right, they do get lots of attention. But there were NO L's at this show :rolleyes: Oh well, guess I'll have to wait to hear that tinge of jealousy in their voices.
Only the insecure get jealous.

HDVIPER
thier will always be a few jackasses in every crowd, Just remember all you guys got awsome trucks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
i was with the golden gate gto club showing my goat,i talked to maybe your dad or father in law for a minute
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
D Davis said:
Only the insecure get jealous.

HDVIPER
thier will always be a few jackasses in every crowd,
Absolutely true! There are plenty of L guys that are good. Then, there are plenty that aren't.

BTW, Last Friday night I went to a couple of Ford Dealers - looking for a used SVT Focus (because I need a beater). At BOTH Ford Dealers the Salesmen were surrounding my truck, sitting in it, and opening up the hood. Nothing but compliments, and this was before they knew why I was there! One Salesman went as far as saying 'F--k that Lightning, this thing is awesome!'
Personally, I still like the L's, very much so in fact, but I like this truck even more. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
HDVIPER, Yes the Goodguys is a great car show; but I missed it this past weekend. I don't have an SRT-10, but I do own a Lightning. I see you are in my area; I'd like to see your SRT-10 sometime. I also know a good mechanic in Pleasanton if you are looking to do mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Hamrhead said:
Absolutely true! There are plenty of L guys that are good. Then, there are plenty that aren't.

BTW, Last Friday night I went to a couple of Ford Dealers - looking for a used SVT Focus (because I need a beater). At BOTH Ford Dealers the Salesmen were surrounding my truck, sitting in it, and opening up the hood. Nothing but compliments, and this was before they knew why I was there! One Salesman went as far as saying 'F--k that Lightning, this thing is awesome!'
Personally, I still like the L's, very much so in fact, but I like this truck even more. :cool:
anything with a viper engine is always cool man. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Hamrhead said:
One Salesman went as far as saying 'F--k that Lightning, this thing is awesome!'
I had a Chevy salesman say the same thing to me about the SS. But then again, that's not even a good comparison.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blackflash said:
HDVIPER, Yes the Goodguys is a great car show; but I missed it this past weekend. I don't have an SRT-10, but I do own a Lightning. I see you are in my area; I'd like to see your SRT-10 sometime. I also know a good mechanic in Pleasanton if you are looking to do mods.
Blackflash, We should definitetly get together. Do you know of some places to race around here? Or how about a place to get this thing dynoed? Let me know. Thx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
HDVIPER, I’m sure we could find somewhere to race LOL. But it would be better to go to a track. I would suggest Sacramento Raceway they have a Sat night racing called Grudge Fest. I think this would be fun. Besides getting some ¼ mile numbers on our trucks we can line up and see how the performance compares with these two bad a$$ trucks. Its $35 and I think we will have 3 passes at the ¼ mile. You will need a SFI approved helmet and a drive shaft loop. The grudge fest is this Saturday and then again on July 10. Or there is wed night fun drags that are June 23 and on the 30th. There is Infineon Raceway but is just bracket racing. For the Dyno, Modacar auto accessories in Livermore Ca. is the closest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Not all L owners...

HDVIPER said:
Well guys, I was at the Goodguys Car Show this last weekend in Pleasanton, CA. I was the only Ram SRT-10 there. Of course there were a ton of L's, none of which would even give me the time of day!! I tried to get one to race me home, but the guy was a complete jerk!!! Gave me a thumbs down when I reved my engine... What a butthole, anyways I did meet one L owner that was way cool, saying there is "no comparison" between the 2 trucks!! Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know, if these car shows come to your town you need to get your trucks in there, I had more people looking at my truck then were looking at the vipers! I loved it!!!

Anyways, happy motoring!

That sucks that they didn't show any love. I personally think the SRT-10 is an amazing truck and I would love to drive one sometime. I have always been a Ford guy, but there's no way a sane, reasonable human being couldn't be impressed with the SRT-10. I mean, it's got a Viper motor in it for God's sake!

I kinda like the quad cab version with the automatic tranny. Talk about the best of both worlds.

Great trucks guys. Remember, not all Lightning owners are jerks. Just the ones with small "members". :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks alot 2003, I appreciate that. Some people are just plain jerks anyways, including some SRT guys. If you are ever in Northern Cali, look me up, I'd love see your truck, looks like it is pretty badass as well!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
thanks..

HDVIPER said:
Thanks alot 2003, I appreciate that. Some people are just plain jerks anyways, including some SRT guys. If you are ever in Northern Cali, look me up, I'd love see your truck, looks like it is pretty badass as well!!!
Hey' I'd love to see California some time. Especially northern California, Orange County, L.A would be cool too. Someday.

However, at the current gas prices, it would probably cost me 4 grand to get there in the Lightning!
:D
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top