SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has come to my attention that good sir Tony had to cough up $1800 out of his own pocket to help cover the costs of track rental at Emerald Coast Dragway last year.

Folks, this is so wrong. Tony does SO MUCH for us, for our trucks, our sport. It is an injustice to let something like this not go unrewarded. Tony is NOT the kind of guy who would complain about such a thing, so I'll do it for him.

For those who went to PCB last year (especially those who went to the track or said they would go but didn't), I propose we start a collection to help recoup his loss. We shared in the fun, we owe it to Tony to share in the expenses.

My email is [email protected], I will accept PayPal donations to honor what Tony did/does for us and will post the names of all who donate and keep a running total in this thread until it loses interest. Let me know if you want me to post the amount of your donation. I do NOT want donations from those who didn't go!

I promise to average out the highest 5 donations, and match that donation. I would vow to match the highest donation, but with my luck, Mike Baab would read this and I'd be out a grand or so.

For those who decide not to do the right thing... look deep into my eyes.

8,725 Posts
man Spud I appreciate it, but would never accept anything, it jsut was what it was,

a ton of folks said they were comming,said they would race, and well you were there, about a half dozen raced, and a 1/3 showed up that said they would

No biggie, its past its gone, but thats why I am about this years deal, I am going down this year to hang with friends, and have a blast guys:You_Rock_

i am stil going to talk with Johnny on the track, but his [email protected] is on sundays if not mistaken

so we will see what happens.

but thanks buddy, but no thanks, we do what we do because we love you guys, :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just ignore him guys... he's all tough and macho on the outside acting all smooth with the ladies, but inside he's Twinkie filling.

I'll start with a $100 donation. Anyone gonna match it?

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Both you guys are incredible. First class.

8,725 Posts
I will kick you in the knee cap there spudly:AR15firin

your a helluva nice friend man, and I probably shoulda said nutting, but thats why I am so pissy this year and said I wasnt doin nuttin.

remember the list from last year? and how many showed up?

we had enough folks comming that we planed the big deal boss, matter of fact i just got rid of the last of the shirts the other day.

so Dan and I are working on the track, jsut hang loose, but I jsut decided this year i would take it off

I plan on getting there monday, and my feet will hit the beach every single day! LOLOL the last two years I havent even set foot on the beach , so this year I plan on having a blast with great buds, hitting some go kart tracks, food , fun, car wash, maybe even a surprise or two

seriously .............thanks spud, but boss, I would never take it man:kiss:

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're up to $300, keep it coming guys.

Tony, you have NO SAY in the matter, just sit there and take it like a man...

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
I think this is a pretty good idea, however, I agree with Tony. What happened in 2011 is water under the bridge, done and over and ya just can't change what happened.... it's over

BUT

Tom trumps that with a sense of community.

Tony as much as your fat head gets in the way and prevents others form doing the right thing, on this one, just let people do the right thing. This is a choice on their part to contribute to a member of the community in a way they would like too.

No obligation

No expectation

Just "US" doing what we do better than anyone else :spank:

Vj

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We're up to $370 guys. I'm not sure I should post the donators, don't want Tony getting on other peoples cases just yet. But I think when all is said and done, then I'll post up the donors so all knows who contributed.

Word of mouth, I'm sure we can get him the full $1800 back.

8,725 Posts
you will have a pocket full spud, told ya, wont accept it, now your beggining to aggrivate me:firedevil:spank:

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
We're up to $370 guys. I'm not sure I should post the donators, don't want Tony getting on other peoples cases just yet. But I think when all is said and done, then I'll post up the donors so all knows who contributed.

Word of mouth, I'm sure we can get him the full $1800 back.

Tom..

Just give it to the "J" part of JTSVP, she's the BOSS!

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One way or another. This is going to happen Tony. We're not doing it to irritate you, we're doing it to honor you. Just sit back and watch the admiration we all have for you come together.

8,725 Posts
Tell ya what spud u want to do this ? Then do it this way get folks to get the track taken care of this year
Or to at least show up

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As you learned, it's easy to get people to say they'll go, a little harder to get them to promise. But neither of us have the power to actually make them show. Asking $100 per vehicle, and getting no response told me a lot.

There are some who want to race (I do), others just want to show up, be a part of and share the experience, and relax. My first trip, all I focused on was the racing, then when I got spanked by Chief, I felt devastated. Last year, I came down to have a good time, get a tune, get the windows tinted, and relax. You may not have noticed it, but I was 3 shades past tipsy both Friday and Saturday night.

I think it's fine for some not to want to race. I love racing. My first PCB trip was my first time on a drag strip. PCB was my 3rd. I will say this, having been to a 1/4 mile strip, it's way more fun than an 1/8 mile, but at PCB, we have little to no track options. The friends made at PCB are what matter most.

Seems those that want to race will either have to pay through the nose to do it, or they can just do it without having the track reserved.

8,725 Posts
Well all i can say is thanks jeff you definitly made my friday

Thats all i have to say about pcb anymore

Later

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
Well all i can say is thanks jeff you definitly made my friday

Thats all i have to say about pcb anymore

Later

I look at it this way Tony, what is done is for you and the Mrs. Go to the beach, kick up your heels and take a vacation..... in Hawaii

Note to self: did I just screw up again????
thanks jeff you definitly made my friday. Thats all i have to say about pcb anymore. Later

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are up to a promised $570! Keep it coming guys! THere are others who are wanting to donate, but are being declined because they were not a part of PCB last year.

You guys are an awesome family... :cheers: :biglaugh: :cheers:

8,725 Posts
your heart is way too big spud, but I am stil going to kick you in the noodle:rocketwho:umbrella:

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We are now up to $1769 bucks. We only need $31 more bucks to get to $1800. If nobody else coughs it up, I'll add it to my donation.

If we want to go PAST $1800, let's keep this going and the rest can be a reward for all Tony does for us, or Tony can apply it to the track fees this year. Whatever he wants to do with his money...

I'll be sure to wear a "cup" at the PCB this year Tony...

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
We are now up to $1769 bucks. We only need $31 more bucks to get to $1800.
$31 - a movie with Debbie :ponder: $31 - a movie with Debbie :33::33: $31 - a movie with Debbie :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Oh hell, I can afford it and Tony 'might' be worth it??? :261: I'll pitch in the $31. :grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble:

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned! :damnit:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts