SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks I've been looking at setting up a group buy for the Paxton supercharger kits. Retails for around $8300 for the full kit. Group buy will be deeply discounted - $6499 but only for a limited time period. We need ONLY two folks in addition to me in order to get this price. Please reply here. Who is potentially interested? Lets have a roll call!

This is the full kit with tuneable piggyback computer, fuel pumps and your choice of either polished or satin Novi 2000 AND INTERCOOLER to reduce your chance of predetonation. They tell me they should be ready in three weeks.

These kits are easily reaching 600 at the rear wheels with stock pistons and rods as it comes from paxton and some installers have reached as high as 782 hp at the rear wheels.

September 14, 2004

Paxton Automotive announces the 2004 Dodge SRT-10 Ram Supercharging System with air/water charge cooler. The Ram has a major power increase to 671 horsepower (stock 500) and 627 lb./ft. (stock 500 lb./ft.) of torque.

System details:

Boost Pressure of 5-7 psig
NOVI 2000 gear-driven supercharger provides nearly silent operation with unmatched dependability
Complete fuel system upgrade includes dual high-flow supplemental fuel pumps, fuel control unit, fuel lines and wiring harness for safe, reliable operation
Stand-alone timing control computer for seamless acceleration
Remote mounting air filter features high-flow reusable air filter
High-flow race bypass valve provides surge-free compressor operation
Inlet and discharge duct connections utilize heat resistant silicon sleeves and premium quality stainless steel clamps
Oil feed and oil drain assemblies deliver the best possible lubrication and cooling for the supercharger, even under sustained boost conditions
Tools included for simple modification of oil pan for supercharger drain fitting installation
Billet aluminum supercharger mounting bracket assembly includes idler, drive belt and all hardware
Integrated air-to-water, dual-pass charge cooler configuration allows for additional horsepower gains and features a closed loop, maintenance-free design
Paxton 3-year supercharger limited warranty

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done these on a Mustang before and they were pretty much straight bolt on. I expect these to be the same - although I haven't done one yet!

For the prices we can get these for you can pay to have a professional install and still be under others prices for the kit alone. I'm *told* that the Ram kit is an easier install due to the fact that there is a lot more operating room.

I am getting one of these kits one way or the other. I'm just hoping we can get enough who want one so we all can save some money.

·
Registered
174 Posts
How much power is this system going to give to the wheels? I only saw crank numbers on the Paxton site.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Rear wheel HP

INTREPER said:
How much power is this system going to give to the wheels? I only saw crank numbers on the Paxton site.
:D Depending on WHO tunes it :confused: anywhere from 585hp to OVER :D 700hp. Plus there is plenty of rooooom to grow :rolleyes: depending on your pocket-book :D This is all done w/less than 8#'s of boost :eek: the inter-cooler is big enought to put ICE-CUBES in :cool:. There is no ceiling for more HP with this Supercharger :p If you got the BUCKS it'll make 1000hp :D that's alot of engine woooork. ;) SPEED cost money :eek: how FAST do you want to goooooo. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
i might be in for it would like to here from someone who has installed and tuned one in. installing could be simple compared to tuning. might as well order clutch with it by the sounds of it. i thought there was a post from someone who had it installed . i seem to remember them saying it was a lot of trouble

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think you've heard anyone talk about it previously because the kit for the Gen III hasn't been released officially. They might have been trying to adapt another kit to the gen 3.

Quicksilver is right. It comes with a programable Split Second piggy back computer that you can tune with a laptop.

The 585hp is a very mild tune from Paxton - the "base tune". It is the tune that they will get certified 50 state legal if that is any indication.

Here is a typical tune at 690 rear wheel HP with dyno from the vca board.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=461953&Forum=All_Forums&Words=DLM&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=461590&Search=true#Post461953

Here is another example with a DLM tune.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=461519&Forum=UBB21&Words=paxton&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=461519&Search=true#Post461519

Personally I'm going to probably install it and do the base tune. Drive it for a bit and then bring it to a local Viper shop for the final tune. Luckily its not my daily driver so I can take my time....

I'm also putting in forged pistons so I will be able to go with a little higher boost.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good luck, I had a paxton put on my 98 Ram SST and I had nothing but problems. First I would never buy a Paxton, their customer service sucks! I ordered the kit for my truck and most of the components for the fuel system were wrong as well as the electrical components. When I called them to get the right stuff they told me I was wrong and the kit I purchased had all the necassary components. Turned out that they gave me a kit for a 96 in which the fuel rails were different as well as the electrical system.

So I ended up getting it all straightened out after a couple weeks, then what happens, yes the s/c unit seizes, return it they fix it, a couple months later seizes again. They would'nt fix it a third time, so I had to do it myself. I ended up machining my own parts for the s/c unit and having them heat treated, problem solved.

Then the s/c blew my head gasket, ended up warping the pistons. So after all was said and done it cost me a small fortune. I would never ever do it again.

Since I work in the automotive industry, I can say this, If it is'nt super charged from the factory do not do it. With all the cost reductions suppliers face, materials are cheaper and components are enginered to withstand only the stock set up and not a whole lot more.

If you s/c your truck plan on upgrading head gasket, and internal engine components to withstand the increase in torqe and hp. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WTF Quicksilver are just running up your post count?

Head gaskets can definately go when your running boost. Lets face it - its not a honda - its a 500hp SRT. It needs maintenance generally speaking.

On my ride I'm upgrading the pistons to forged units so I can turn up the boost.

Listen I don't work for Paxton - but I am most likely going this route. If anyone might be interested I suggest you do your own research. The VCA board is a good source.

I love the Roe unit it looks like a quality piece but the thing I don't like about it is that it sits right on top of the motor and gets heat sunk.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
i know what you mean Jimmy, i have a paxton on my 96 Ram, and it has been a bit of trouble (read expensive) getting everything working correctly. iam just about done getting everything right. it makes LOTS of power up above 3000 RPM, but not much below that. iam maxing out at 10 lbs of boost now, and like i said it does make LOTS of power, but i don't think i would do it again. just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really don't understand your posts. As of of Sept i'm behind. What exactly are you talking about - cause I don't understand.

Instead of sitting back and lobbing pop shots why don't you explain for the benefit of all of us. Your sold, so that means you already have one? If so, please tell us more. I've done a search of the board and don't find much info here.

Or, alternatively, are you saying that your sold against the idea... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Payforward

womsterr said:
I really don't understand your posts. As of of Sept i'm behind. What exactly are you talking about - cause I don't understand.

Instead of sitting back and lobbing pop shots why don't you explain for the benefit of all of us. Your sold, so that means you already have one? If so, please tell us more. I've done a search of the board and don't find much info here.

Or, alternatively, are you saying that your sold against the idea... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
That means I have already paid for the kit in Sept. and will get (1) of the first (5) off the production line. Is that CLEAR :cool: It installs :D the day it arrives from PAXTON :cool: From my house to PAXTON.....25mi. round trip. :D The company looked @ all the Superchargers :p Hell we may put (2) of them on :eek: Two is always better than one. :cool: I didn't think that the ROE looked that bad on the engine, but your right about the HEAT :mad: PAXTON has gone a long way to curb the HEAT :) more so than the ROE :( PAXTON would be the right choice ;)
J.J;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
jimmyg79 said:
Good luck, I had a paxton put on my 98 Ram SST and I had nothing but problems. First I would never buy a Paxton, their customer service sucks! I ordered the kit for my truck and most of the components for the fuel system were wrong as well as the electrical components. When I called them to get the right stuff they told me I was wrong and the kit I purchased had all the necassary components. Turned out that they gave me a kit for a 96 in which the fuel rails were different as well as the electrical system.

So I ended up getting it all straightened out after a couple weeks, then what happens, yes the s/c unit seizes, return it they fix it, a couple months later seizes again. They would'nt fix it a third time, so I had to do it myself. I ended up machining my own parts for the s/c unit and having them heat treated, problem solved.

Then the s/c blew my head gasket, ended up warping the pistons. So after all was said and done it cost me a small fortune. I would never ever do it again.

Since I work in the automotive industry, I can say this, If it is'nt super charged from the factory do not do it. With all the cost reductions suppliers face, materials are cheaper and components are enginered to withstand only the stock set up and not a whole lot more.

If you s/c your truck plan on upgrading head gasket, and internal engine components to withstand the increase in torqe and hp. Good Luck
I had a lot of problems with my Paxton on the Impala.The customer service sucks .I hope it all works out for you guys though.Good luck. :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUICKSILVER said:
That means I have already paid for the kit in Sept. and will get (1) of the first (5) off the production line. Is that CLEAR :cool: It installs :D the day it arrives from PAXTON :cool: From my house to PAXTON.....25mi. round trip. :D The company looked @ all the Superchargers :p Hell we may put (2) of them on :eek: Two is always better than one. :cool: I didn't think that the ROE looked that bad on the engine, but your right about the HEAT :mad: PAXTON has gone a long way to curb the HEAT :) more so than the ROE :( PAXTON would be the right choice ;)
J.J;-)
Ok now I'm getting a little more clear ;) I didn't mean to say I don't like the looks of the Roe...to me it looks better than the paxton. More the way I expect a SC to look. May I asked where you purchased your kit and what you paid for it? Are you making any engine improvements to handle extra boost?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Local Viper speed shop.....DC Performance Inc. One of the TOP tuners for VIPERS on the W.Coast.
$7499.99 in the box.
It's only 7#'s boost not much trouble for our engine.
Love to do the pistons/and increase the boost!!!!
You have the best of all worlds, your engine is already apart.
Viper sites have NO posts of a Viper having trouble with there Superchargers.('03-'04)
Most of them are running our PAXTON.
And the real great thing is that we still have our WARRANTY because it's a bolt on.
Hope this helps................keep you informed.
J.J;-)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts