SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
no stock srt-10 has run 12's that's a fact.

9-seconds has a few mods and got into the 12's, but no one else that I know about.

The srt-10 is one tenth of a second faster than a stock Lightning.
Depending on whose numbers you use.
Johnny Lightning ran 13.1 with 32 miles on his lightning, Mine ran 13.7 completely stock.

The trucks are about as damn even in the 1/4 mile as two different vehicles can be. a s/c 5.4 compared to a v-10.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There's a guy on f150online named v10 that claims to have done a 12.9 stock, but hasn't posted a time slip to prove it. I think if you take off the mods off of 9 seconds truck and had the same driver do a run it would still be in the 12.9's, but without actually doing it and having it on paper nobody out side of Dodge fan's will believe it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wikdsvt said:
no stock srt-10 has run 12's that's a fact.

9-seconds has a few mods and got into the 12's, but no one else that I know about.

The srt-10 is one tenth of a second faster than a stock Lightning.
Depending on whose numbers you use.
Johnny Lightning ran 13.1 with 32 miles on his lightning, Mine ran 13.7 completely stock.

The trucks are about as damn even in the 1/4 mile as two different vehicles can be. a s/c 5.4 compared to a v-10.
My Lightnings ran 13.7 @ 100.88 bone stock. It seems like most Lightnings are traping about 100mph......the SRT-10 is doing it in 107. I'm sorry I loved my Lightnings but that seems quite a bit quicker in the 1/4 mile......I think the only reason they are close stock for stock right now...is because there isnt much to go off of just yet with the SRT-10. Put slicks on both of them with good drivers.....the 100mph trap from the Lightning will be way off the 107 srt-10 and I think the ET will show that.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think if you took two great drivers I mean great, and put one in the L and one in the SRT-10 I think the SRT-10 would win, but however average drivers I put my money on the Lightning. I just got my lightning about a month ago (DSG 04) and I dont understand why everyone can't just chill out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bottom line is Ford had no compition for over 10yrs. Now that they have some copetition they wanna be friends, and wonder what the big deal is. Fact is ford is junk without that supercharger. They have alot of work too do with there motors. There 05's have alittle more boost. You can only boost something so much. Sooner or later you lead, or you fall behind.. They need a block too build off of, and the 4.6 aint it.. You lead or you follow, and ford is following for the first time in many many years! Now they want too consider us ok guys. They laughed at us in our little slow street trucks. Now they wanna be friends, and talk about how even it is. Ford stinks..

·
Registered
196 Posts
An attitude like that is just what I'm talking about. Who laughed at you? Who judges someone on being an ok guy because of what they drive? One thing people need to remember is they are just cars and as much as someone would like they do not define who you are. One thing to be said since Ford was winning for 10 years or whatever (can't really comment because 10 years ago I was 11). Don't you think it is easier to build something better than what is already out there? Dodge knew what they had to do to beat the current gen. Lightning, and they pretty much did it. Now Ford knows what it has to beat. But the main point is everyone should just be cool. Acting like a lot of us "Ford" "Dodge" guys act makes it seem like we are a little afraid of each others trucks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Toe said:
There's a guy on f150online named v10 that claims to have done a 12.9 stock, but hasn't posted a time slip to prove it. I think if you take off the mods off of 9 seconds truck and had the same driver do a run it would still be in the 12.9's, but without actually doing it and having it on paper nobody out side of Dodge fan's will believe it.
Thats the fun of the internet, supposedly v10s MOM tried to have people lay off her son on f150 cause they were to harsh and he was crying himself to sleep, SEEMs he was 16 and has a V-6 dakota. Hes banned and most threads on the Mommy subject deleted.

I belive the SRT10 Ram has 12's in it, it's just getting the seat time to get it there, It's performance is always going to be dependent on the driver "simple fact of a stick" IMO

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Budman,
What are you trying to do? This isn't a haters forum. What specific did a Ford guy post HERE that set you off? Did some one attack you? Strike 2 for the new user from the way I look at it. Every once in a while, an uninformed, brand X lovin', SRT basher posts here. Then you, me, and even some of the SVT guys can unload on him.

Steve

·
Registered
157 Posts
in my humble opinion,not being all knowing of much, here my views sit- we are comparing apples and oranges. im sure it has been said b4 . supercharged engine vs. non supercharged. sure... tweaks and mods to the L are going to get you a few seconds ,maybe? but like "budman" said it best "you can only boost so much" bottomline! if u want to compare ,then compare our BARE engine to their BARE engine. simply put- if dodge released the SRT with a supercharger off the lot would their be a need for all this discussion. my humble opinion thinks not

·
Registered
55 Posts
The two are very evenly matched. Lightnings have been around for a long time so people now how to drive them etc. The srt-10 is a new breed of truck and when more people get them and break them in and get used to driving them its gonna be a whole different story. I have driven many fast cars in my life and I also have a truck that runs 12's and after driving my dad's srt-10 for a while I can tell you that there's going to be numerous stock srt-10's running 12's in the future. Atleast that's my opinion. I think I could pull 12's with it after making a couple trips to the track.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with most people here. Stock vs stock with average drivers these trucks will be a close race. The Lightning I race does [email protected] 100 while again the has been said before. the SRT traps much higher. Seat time and sticky tires are all the SRT needs.

Budman21901 said:
Bottom line is Ford had no compition for over 10yrs. Now that they have some copetition they wanna be friends, and wonder what the big deal is. Fact is ford is junk without that supercharger. They have alot of work too do with there motors. There 05's have alittle more boost. You can only boost something so much. Sooner or later you lead, or you fall behind.. They need a block too build off of, and the 4.6 aint it.. You lead or you follow, and ford is following for the first time in many many years! Now they want too consider us ok guys. They laughed at us in our little slow street trucks. Now they wanna be friends, and talk about how even it is. Ford stinks..
WTF is this? Please dont talk out your @ss when your here. You can say all you want about it but in the end the 5.4 Lightning and 03+ Cobra motors are close to the best on the market for capability and power output for the cash to buy them. They can handle tons of power before anything needs done to them.

·
Registered
599 Posts
OrgasmicSVT said:
I think if you took two great drivers I mean great, and put one in the L and one in the SRT-10 I think the SRT-10 would win, but however average drivers I put my money on the Lightning. I just got my lightning about a month ago (DSG 04) and I dont understand why everyone can't just chill out.
agreed.

The srt-10 is faster, like I said in my original post, but it is going to take a helluva driver to get it there first in the average race.
It's not like driving a viper, It's a truck for pete's sake.

It really needs a shift like this (gen 3 Lightning)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well the thing is Ford has been on to pof the trucking world since I believe 1997 when they first started supercharging the trucks and the only truck to even come close to the Lightning was the Dakota R/T. So Ford had such a dominant truck for the past 6-7 years now and then a brand new SRT-10 Ram comes out with some brand new stuff on it like a 6 speed manual and the V-10. So you have this truck that was pretty much made for the sole purpose to beat the Lightning which really hasn't changed too much in the past 6-7 years to a current top of the line truck, reason being is Ford/SVT never had a reason to push themselves since they would only be competing against themselves so why bother? And now that the SRT-10 is out there's a few SRT-10 people out there going HA! The Lightning has nothing and yada yada yada. Well all I have to say is Ford is taking SVT out of the picture for like a year or two and all I can say is when they come back you better watch out. Since Ford/SVT wasn't really pushing themselves that much like I said for the past 6-7 years and now they're doing their first major makeover on the Lightning since the 1st gen to 2nd gen switch that this new one is going to be a beast whether you like it or not. But eventually these trucks are going to have to switch from a RWD setup to a AWD setup just due to the fact that with more and more power in a RWD pickup truck all its going to do is smoke the tires. But hopefully Ford sticks with a automatic setup and doesn't switch over too a manual setup. because I think that's the SRT-10's downfall as well as the 22's that are on there. We had a guy come into my store looking for a set of 4 tires for his Harley Davidson Edition F-150 with the 20's on it and for a set of 4 he was looking at spending over $1000 just for the tires and that not including sales tax, labor, and everything else. So I don't even want to guess what its going to be costing for some 22" tires

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Budman21901 said:
Thats kind of a dumb statement.......The Ford is nothing without a supercharger........??????? Most things with 8:1 compression aren't much without out boost......kinda the point Ford wasn't trying to make a N/A motor.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The tires that come on the HD can be had on tire rack for 150.00 each. If he paid a 1,000.00 he got raped!!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
trev17 said:
in my humble opinion,not being all knowing of much, here my views sit- we are comparing apples and oranges. im sure it has been said b4 . supercharged engine vs. non supercharged. sure... tweaks and mods to the L are going to get you a few seconds ,maybe? but like "budman" said it best "you can only boost so much" bottomline! if u want to compare ,then compare our BARE engine to their BARE engine. simply put- if dodge released the SRT with a supercharger off the lot would their be a need for all this discussion. my humble opinion thinks not
Amen !!!. A few mods to my srt-10 and I mean a few, there would be no competition. Ever since the srt-10 broke the world book record, the L is now trying to grasp at ant straw it can get and that ok, but all I know is My SRT turns more heads than any L ever did.

·
Registered
55 Posts
sautter said:
Amen !!!. A few mods to my srt-10 and I mean a few, there would be no competition. Ever since the srt-10 broke the world book record, the L is now trying to grasp at ant straw it can get and that ok, but all I know is My SRT turns more heads than any L ever did.
I agree with you 100%. There both evenly matched as far as speed goes, but other than that the srt-10 is a much nicer truck. The srt-10 definate turns alot more heads too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
sautter said:

Looks are all relative.... I like the look of the Lightning better than the SRT..

·
Registered
6 Posts
trev17 said:
we are comparing apples and oranges. im sure it has been said b4 . supercharged engine vs. non supercharged. sure... tweaks and mods to the L are going to get you a few seconds ,maybe? but like "budman" said it best "you can only boost so much" bottomline! if u want to compare ,then compare our BARE engine to their BARE engine. simply put- if dodge released the SRT with a supercharger off the lot would their be a need for all this discussion.
But then you're comparing a V-8 to a V-10. I think a N/A V-10 is a good comparrison to a S/C V-8. I think the main plus to the L is the auto tranny. Easier to launch at the strip, where the stick takes more skill. So a skilled driver will run faster with the SRT then a stock L (IMHO). But without a good launch, all that power is wasted (and I don't believe there are slicks that will fit the SRT yet?). Seems the SRT is trapping higher, so the power is there. I personally like the SRT better, but both are sweet trucks, and both are a bit pricey to me.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts