1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
wadejesu said:
Anybody know if cooling system ahs to be drained when installing headers.
super easy, you can get the old manifolds off in 15 minutes with out trying. dont take the steering joint loose, just turn the wheel, as the pinch bolt gets a little close to the drivers manifold. also DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE YOU DO A DAMN THING. the stock gaskets are thin sheet metal that falls apart & i had one land exactly on the starter main 12v cable-would have been real real bad if battery was still hooked up. the capacitors for my stereo were still charged and when that gasket hit the starter cable it shot sparks & instantly there was no more gasket. word to the wise. used a resistor & drained the capacitors before it got ugly. other than that it is a very easy job-lots of room to work. we just put a set of Gibsons on for a guy on his srt10-not bad but i spent 4 hours port matching the header flanges & getting the welds cleaned up inside the collector. then i went back & tig welded all of the welds & flanges. ****, they are some heavy duty suckers.they did do what they claimed, 32hp & 50ftlbs. should hold up to anything. if anyone is interested,we sell em $585.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Roktman said:
Wow Boomer.Is that the SS/Ceramic coated ones? I gave $739.95 for mine. :mad: I like mine and feel a real SOTP feel.Is that a dyno gain you saw or mfg claim like I saw in the specs?

P.S. I am a no go for SU @ SEMA.I have to go to Columbus SA night.Sorry. :(
that was for SS version. yeah my buddy a block down the street has a dyno jet auto dyno.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Bill Pemberton said:
We now have two Belanger Headers in stock. Strong on torque,and good enough for the World Challenge Cars, so good enough for us.
are they for the trucks? how much?!!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey Boomer. Can you get them in ceramic or would I have to send them out to get coated. Don't the ceramic coated run cooler? Thanks. Droopy :confused:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Droopy said:
Hey Boomer. Can you get them in ceramic or would I have to send them out to get coated. Don't the ceramic coated run cooler? Thanks. Droopy :confused:
yep, we can do that. they do but you wont see a difference in sotp or on the dyno. imo it is just a little of a marketing deal.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Roktman. Do you have any figures on gains?. I must of overlooked any posting. Can you feel a good gain with these? You have the magnaflow right? The coating is for heat and maintaining looks? Any difference in sound? I'll shut up now. Thanks. Droopy :)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Droopy,The manufacturer claims 31 HP and 41 lb/ft of torque.I figure the cat back adds some.Don`t know the gains.There is a huge difference in SOTP feel.It accelerates harder on take off and sounds awesome.The therory on the ceramic coating is keeping the heat down and it helps on keeping them looking good.It looks like Cermachrome like I have on my Quad-1`s on the Impala.I HIGHLY reccommend the Magnaflow and Gibsons.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
621 Posts
Roktman said:
Droopy,The manufacturer claims 31 HP and 41 lb/ft of torque.I figure the cat back adds some.Don`t know the gains.There is a huge difference in SOTP feel.It accelerates harder on take off and sounds awesome.The therory on the ceramic coating is keeping the heat down and it helps on keeping them looking good.It looks like Cermachrome like I have on my Quad-1`s on the Impala.I HIGHLY reccommend the Magnaflow and Gibsons.
Well **** house mouse!!! How the hell did I miss this??? Do they come with high flow cats or do I need to get those seperately?

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Roktman said:
The Magnaflow does not come with cats.I put back on the stock ones since we have emissions check in OH.I know they are somewhat restrictive but don`t know how much.
mine, are SS only, and you NEED to get rid of the cats & put in a h or x pipe. i post pics of my new system i have been making hopefully next week. all custom stepped headers, cross over, no cats, coming into a magnaflow. keep her tuned here.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
BOOMER said:
super easy, you can get the old manifolds off in 15 minutes with out trying. dont take the steering joint loose, just turn the wheel, as the pinch bolt gets a little close to the drivers manifold. also DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE YOU DO A DAMN THING. the stock gaskets are thin sheet metal that falls apart & i had one land exactly on the starter main 12v cable-would have been real real bad if battery was still hooked up. the capacitors for my stereo were still charged and when that gasket hit the starter cable it shot sparks & instantly there was no more gasket. word to the wise. used a resistor & drained the capacitors before it got ugly. other than that it is a very easy job-lots of room to work. we just put a set of Gibsons on for a guy on his srt10-not bad but i spent 4 hours port matching the header flanges & getting the welds cleaned up inside the collector. then i went back & tig welded all of the welds & flanges. ****, they are some heavy duty suckers.they did do what they claimed, 32hp & 50ftlbs. should hold up to anything. if anyone is interested,we sell em $585.

I owuld be interested in a set...will send you an email as well.

Thanks!

-Charles

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts