SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I'm sure this is a stupid question, I just want to be sure that I'm not wasting money. I found a set of clear leno headlights, with a smoked back on ebay. The fitment guide on there says regular cab will fit, but quad isn't listed. I asked he said if it's not listed he can't promise it. Will the same ones still fit? I already have 10k HID's and going to get silver bulbs so I don't have that ugly yellow showing. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They'll fit, I would check with local regulations because where I live the amber bulb is needed to pass inspection.

Good luck and enjoy em..

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
They will absolutely fit and as mod squad said make sure you put the correct color bulbs in so local law enforcement won't give you a hard time.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Is the silver reflective serface painted black on them lights? Sometime they won't pass them no matter what color bulb you use. Do the bulbs you want to use look silver until they light up? We used them in the motorcycle industry for some time now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the silver surface on the back part of the headlight is painted/tinted black, but the lens is still clear. The signal part of the housing is a clear lens as well, I just don't want the bulb that is physically colored amber to show. The bulbs I want look silver until they light up, yes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't see a problem with the bulbs as long as they are AMBER when they light up or flash. You will have to check your DMV regs on the painted reflective surface. I think someone did mine before I got the truck. The headlight reflector was left stock but the turn signal was blacked out (with Amber bulb). The reflector was covered also except for a 1 inch strip. Haven't had any problems yet with the inspection or getting pulled over. PA has a reg on how bright the headlight has to be in candlepower. I don't have to spec in front of me but it's pretty low if I remember my inspection manual correctly

·
Registered
314 Posts
I can remember back to my wrenching days doing inspections. This is when the AERO headlights started showing up so hazy you couldn't even see the bulb. Failed quite a few for that. We put a meter up to the light if the needle wasn't in the green you fail. PA also has a limit how bright they could be. Sucks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After looking at my local laws, I can do either the stock looking headlights with a tinted background or a euro style headlights with a tinted background. Since I have a black truck with blue stripes, who recommends what? I want to black it out (as much as possible) and have it look legit....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts