SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Glad to finally have the time to become an active member of this forum. I actually join the site years ago but have been deployed for most of it. I just recently returned from the dirt box and permanently changed stations (PCS) to San Antonio, TX. My truck has been stored while deployed and I am ready to start doing some mod. I did my first mod this past week (Lowered truck with air ride in the back).

Terrance

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Thank you for your Service Terrance, Welcome Home and to the Forum.

When you get a chance how about posting up some pics of that Bad A$$ Truck of yours!!

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Thank You for your service:usa2: Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the shout out guys! I will make sure to add more pics later. 06SRT10, I like that color bro. You don't see many in that color. I have seen one in the reg cab but not in the Quad.

Ok, I need help!!! This past weekend I installed some Billy Boat long tube catless headers with a Magna Flow catback. I love the sound but after the awesome test drive I got a P0420 code (Catalyst syst efficiency below threshold (bank 1). I have a SCT turner and figured I need to get the truck tuned to the new exhaust system but I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Watchoutnow!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Thanks for the shout out guys! I will make sure to add more pics later. 06SRT10, I like that color bro. You don't see many in that color. I have seen one in the reg cab but not in the Quad.

Ok, I need help!!! This past weekend I installed some Billy Boat long tube catless headers with a Magna Flow catback. I love the sound but after the awesome test drive I got a P0420 code (Catalyst syst efficiency below threshold (bank 1). I have a SCT turner and figured I need to get the truck tuned to the new exhaust system but I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Watchoutnow!
catless mids? If so that is your problem, tune will need to be rewritten with the rear o2s turned off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help man! I am scheduled to get it tuned next Tues. I will let you know how it turned out. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Welcome from Ireland

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only place I could find in San Antonio name Fuel Injection Specialties is doing the tune. A lot of my military buddies said they do good work. The only problem I have currently is getting them to explain the $100 dollar fee they want for "licenses". Have you or anyone ever heard of this charge when your getting a tune?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only place I could find in San Antonio name Fuel Injection Specialties is doing the tune. A lot of my military buddies said they do good work. The only problem I have currently is getting them to explain the $100 dollar fee they want for "licenses". Have you or anyone ever heard of this charge when your getting a tune?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Haven't heard of that fee. I think most of us have Torrie in Fla. or Chris in Calif. to do our tunes. It's dangerous if your guys don't know these motors. Working on one of our 10's is not like working on a V8. Be Careful & Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Welcome fellow USAF airmen!

I hope the tune works out for you! Enjoy San Antonio!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Terrance, I also have the Billy Boats, they are HQ'ed here in Phoenix, & have them hooked up to Magnaflow exhaust. Mine didn't trip any codes. How has that tune worked out for you?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts