SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a whining sound while driving thats driving me insane... I can start truck and revvvv and no whining. But when i hit about 10 mph it starts. And it don't stop.. Power steering fluid is full. And its a sound that is not isolated. Its all encompassing sound.. Someone make my day please. Thanks, jeff

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I have a 06 RC 6 speed. Mine would start to Whine at about 15MPH an not stop till I got home. Next time out I left the wife at home an there was no Whining sound at all. It was an easy fix. Hope this helps.:grin

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I have a 06 RC 6 speed. Mine would start to Whine at about 15MPH an not stop till I got home. Next time out I left the wife at home an there was no Whining sound at all. It was an easy fix. Hope this helps.:grin
That is great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trainguy tks for the advice it.. but I've not had her in the truck. Infact now that I think about it, she has never been in the truck. Now that is funny.. so since I know it's not her, what could it be? I opened the back window and it's not the rear end and transfluid is fine.. it's loud enough to be heard driving alongside in other lane

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You have eliminated anything on the engine since the noise does not occur when free revving. Since it is rotational you are looking at driveline, maybe wheel bearings or brakes locked up. Center support bearing in the 2 piece driveshaft is a common failure on the Quad Cabs. I would check there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think i may have had the same problem as you. I had just recently bought my truck '04 and while driving it home for the first time i heard this noise but couldn't pinpoint the location. Loud enough to be annoying. I changed all fluids (oil, diff., trans) to amsoil. I don't think the brand had anything to do with it. i stumbled onto your post and remembered the sound and hadn't heard it since i got new fluids. Maybe i fixed it maybe not, hope that helps you. If i hear it soon i will report back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts