SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Ive been checking out this site for a few weeks. Im looking for a new ride and ive been interested in the SRT for awhile now. However, my local dodge dealership is having difficulty answering some of my questions and was wondering if i could get some input.

1. Can i drive this car in the snow? will it help if i load the bed with block or sand?
2. (Since im having difficulty locating an srt i havent sat in one yet) are these trucks comfortable, being as though im 6'2 200lbs?
3. What is the overall drivability of the truck, is it jumpy, smooth, balls to the wall..if not please elaborate.
4. How is dodge with its warranty and servicing of vehicals that have been modded? are they stingey? or is this a dealer specific dilema?

Thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it.

Bo

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Bo,
The truck is very comfortable with great drivability. Warranty issues are definately dealer specific and I can't tell you anything about drving in snow.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Lots of elbow room in the cab. My SRT 10 will be parked for the winter...no salt spray on this truck! Driveability in snow???...I wouldn't want to use this SRT on a daily snowy basis. If you're in a heavy snow area go with a 4-wheel drive truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for writing back so fast guys :) . badger, i feel you might understand my dilemma... you see i also play hockey n ill be playing for cornell next season, so most of my concerns are targeted at driving in the snowy hills of ithica. Either way i feel that ill be buying this truck, just wanted to know if there was anything a could do to help snow driving :confused: . seems irrational, i know.

9 seconds, can this truck be driven for a few hours, or will it end up hurting my back..im not a sissy i know that these trucks were designed for performance, just want to know what im getting myself into Thanks for all your help.

if anybody has any other tips for a newbie let me know, also if anyone lives in NY and would like to see a good hockey game it would be my pleasure, just let me know.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
FUTUREram said:
Thanks for writing back so fast guys :) . badger, i feel you might understand my dilemma... you see i also play hockey n ill be playing for cornell next season, so most of my concerns are targeted at driving in the snowy hills of ithica. Either way i feel that ill be buying this truck, just wanted to know if there was anything a could do to help snow driving :confused: . seems irrational, i know.

9 seconds, can this truck be driven for a few hours, or will it end up hurting my back..im not a sissy i know that these trucks were designed for performance, just want to know what im getting myself into Thanks for all your help.

if anybody has any other tips for a newbie let me know, also if anyone lives in NY and would like to see a good hockey game it would be my pleasure, just let me know.
I,m 6'4" and weigh 225. There is plenty of room in this truck for big guys. Especially with the adjustable pedals. I also have the back from hell. The truck seats are very supportive and don,t bother my back, however the truck is pretty rough in the ride area. Bumps are very noticable.

·
Registered
140 Posts
FUTURE-
I really don't think you will like driving the SRT-10 in the snow.
At least not with the stock wheels and tires .
Not saying it couldn't be done, but mine will also be parked for the winter.

Cab has excellent room for two people, stick and drink tray makes it tough to carry a third passenger for any distance.
The ride is stiffer than most vehicles, I find longer trips get a bit choppy but the seats hold you well.
Having said that I love the way the truck feels and drives, very glad I got mine, it's a blast.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
FUTUREram said:
9 seconds, can this truck be driven for a few hours, or will it end up hurting my back?
My longest drive is 1000 miles straight through from Houston to Kentucky. Made the return trip 2 days later. No problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for all the input, it looks like ill be getting the truck in april, i really cant wait to drive this beast and im already saving up for mods... ill be posting more in the perforance section because im gonna start looking for an exhaust system..

bo

·
Registered
144 Posts
FUTUREram

If you live in Illinois and want a good Dodge truck expert...call Steve White at Joliet Dodge @ 815-729-3343. I spoke to him several times when I was locating a red SRT in the midwest area. I didn't purchase my SRT from him but he sure provided some good info on Dodge trucks.

Good luck with your hockey endeavors. I played for the Badgers in the late '60's...sure enjoy the memories now! Prior to moving to northern Wisconsin several years ago, I watched the Chicago Freeze play for 5 seasons. I was very impressed with Evan Salmela as a Freeze player. Also, I sat next to a former Cornell captain...John Hughes for a few games. His son, David played for the Freeze one season and John's daughter, Sarah ended up on the Wheaties box!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had an SS454 Chevy pickup (2WD) that absoulutely was worthless in the snow. The SRT/10, I suspect, would be similar. The tires will be a major problem. How it would handle with dedicated snowtires is anybody's guess. I wouldn't risk it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts