SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dealing with a blown (Boom) engine right now. All signs point to some kind of detonation failure. Not quite sure what caused it crankcase vapor, poor fuel (92,93 pump) or tune. Let's just say I just don't trust the tune any more. Was hopeing whoever fixes the motor can set me up with a good starter tune. Finally after break in she needs a good dyno tune. Can anyone recommend a good tuner in Eastern PA? The Lehigh Valley/Allentown area about 45 minutes North of Philly. I already have a SCT box

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think most of us have had Torrie (FLA) or Chris (CA) put the tunes in our SCT. I haven't heard of any complaints about either of them. They both will work with any Dyno operator that you use. I used Torrie & use a local Dyno. You need someone that knows our 10's to do your tunes or they might go Boom.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Do you know of any local dyno shops willing to work with him?
I used Fairfield Chrysler in Muncy. That is central PA so would be far for you to go with it.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Fairfield sent me a price list. Now all I
Need is a motor and some breaking miles
Good luck! Looking forward to your results.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just recently got the bad news that my number is melted and took out the head. Am trying to figure this out so it don't happen again. Does anyone think a bad tune could cause this? Anyone have ideas? The engine has never overheated oil or coolant since I had it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what I was thinking. I don't like to to accuse shops/people of wrong doing unless I have concrete evidence of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts