SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed mine the other day and man am I pleased. I have a Bora Ext. and between the 2 something woke up. It now sounds like there are some horses working under the hood now. Just thought I would pass on a couple of things that might help.
1- in step 3 do not force the clamp loose on the air solenoid, It has a red lock that snaps back then a clamp in the back, squeeze and it will come right apart, if you do not squeeze the clamp you will brake it trying to pull apart.

2- before step 9 I would take the tire off, It says you do not have to but unless you have skinny arms and are knimble with your wrenches it will be worth the time to take the tire off.You can go ahead and put the tire back on after step 13.

3- on step 19 it says dont completely tighten at this time , I would it is easier to do now than later.

4-insted of installing hose on step 28 I found it eaiser to put it on the intake tube in step 33 first and then onto the intake, just worked better for me you may have better luck the other way?

Thats about it, hope it saves you some time.

·
Registered
621 Posts
budgetco said:
Installed mine the other day and man am I pleased. I have a Bora Ext. and between the 2 something woke up. It now sounds like there are some horses working under the hood now. Just thought I would pass on a couple of things that might help.
1- in step 3 do not force the clamp loose on the air solenoid, It has a red lock that snaps back then a clamp in the back, squeeze and it will come right apart, if you do not squeeze the clamp you will brake it trying to pull apart.

2- before step 9 I would take the tire off, It says you do not have to but unless you have skinny arms and are knimble with your wrenches it will be worth the time to take the tire off.You can go ahead and put the tire back on after step 13.

3- on step 19 it says dont completely tighten at this time , I would it is easier to do now than later.

4-insted of installing hose on step 28 I found it eaiser to put it on the intake tube in step 33 first and then onto the intake, just worked better for me you may have better luck the other way?

Thats about it, hope it saves you some time.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice!! I get my kit tomorrow!! I can't wait!! :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Thanks for the tips......knowing how I am, I will probably forget em and spend all weekend getting frustrated!!!! :eek: :D

patrick

·
Registered
82 Posts
thanks for the tips but I have already installed mine. I didn't see any reason to take the tire off but I am small I had plenty of room. I did break that *#%$# clip and you are 100% right about putting the hose on the plastic K&N tube then on the throttle body vs the other way around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts