SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just got back from the track......i went 12.75 at almost 107mph in the 1/4 mile 1/8 mile was 8.13 at 85mph.....i only had the 100hp jets in and i was trying to spray in first gear....way to soon about 20ft out i turned the juice on then i had to lift off the juice so i could get traction then turn it back on if i didnt spin i would of gone 12.5s i still need to work on tire pressure i was trying 14 pounds but i think i will run 17-18 pounds next time.... 60ft was only 1.85 i think drag shocks will help alot

there is alot more i just need to work with the tires and launch also next time i will remove the spare tire, tailgate, and bed liner this should be good for 200 pounds then i will spray the bigger jets to go deep in the 12s

also i need to screw the tires to the wheels because the tires are spinning on
the wheels

today i will try to put up the video after work.........

still have less then $21,000 total in my work truck....03 hemi slt longbed 3.92 gears

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice run, I gotta get to the track soon and get some real numbers on my truck. :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Nice video :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Unreal

WOW. You have shown what a great tuner and driver you are. You seem to have unlocked the HP potential in the Hemi 5.7. I hope that one of the Ram SRT-10 guys can make the type of gains with the V10 that you have with the Hemi. I have had my issues with my SRT-10 and DC. Your success has made a Dodge Magnum look really attractive. Keep putting those great #'s and videos on the board. I thoroughly enjoy seeing a Mopar mouse that ROARS.
Jack

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fstjack said:
WOW. You have shown what a great tuner and driver you are. You seem to have unlocked the HP potential in the Hemi 5.7. I hope that one of the Ram SRT-10 guys can make the type of gains with the V10 that you have with the Hemi. I have had my issues with my SRT-10 and DC. Your success has made a Dodge Magnum look really attractive. Keep putting those great #'s and videos on the board. I thoroughly enjoy seeing a Mopar mouse that ROARS.
Jack
fstjack........next time out i think i will crush the 12.75 times i just need to work on the tires, launch, and run the bigger nitrous jets.....some day this truck will be in the 11s .... this fall with better air and a few more mods

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Hemi777///////last time I had heard you were doing a 13.77....wow 12.75 is awesome. How much did the nitrous mod ended up costing?
The video looks just amazing... keep us informed here. How did you overcome the speed limiter in the Hemi? I thought it shut the rig down at 104 or something like that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mauiSRT/10 said:
Hemi777///////last time I had heard you were doing a 13.77....wow 12.75 is awesome. How much did the nitrous mod ended up costing?
The video looks just amazing... keep us informed here. How did you overcome the speed limiter in the Hemi? I thought it shut the rig down at 104 or something like that.
before the nitrous my best time was 13.71 in the cold air..... the 12.75 at 107 was with a 100hp shot of juice and mickey thompson et street tires ....the nitrous express kit was $589 then the bottle heater, purge system, and bottle gauge $300

its easy to overcome the speed limiter just pull the number 35 fuse and go as fast as you want

next time out i will crush the 12.7s......biger jets better traction and less weight

·
Registered
128 Posts
Was that you also on the bike that ran 9.16 at 152?
It was on another video you had.
Oh, and beating a super bird........priceless

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
hemi777 said:
fstjack........next time out i think i will crush the 12.75 times i just need to work on the tires, launch, and run the bigger nitrous jets.....some day this truck will be in the 11s .... this fall with better air and a few more mods

Are you running stock tires? Im no expert but Ive heard if you let out too much air in street tires they will actually cup and become concave which would result in less surface area.

Makes sense to me but I don't know crap when it comes to racing!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BlueFlame said:
Was that you also on the bike that ran 9.16 at 152?
It was on another video you had.
Oh, and beating a super bird........priceless

no that was not me on the bike it was a friend that i use to race bike with my bike ran 8.40s at over 160mph till i crashed it at the track......

more video soon should be better then the last time out with the new mods last time out i ran 12.44 at 108.34mph

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Marc T said:
Are you running stock tires? Im no expert but Ive heard if you let out too much air in street tires they will actually cup and become concave which would result in less surface area.

Makes sense to me but I don't know crap when it comes to racing!!

marc.......i'm running mickey thompson et street tires at 16 pounds for the 12 second runs.....my track will be open in a few weeks i think i will crush my 12.44 run with the new mods........

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
hemi777 said:
marc.......i'm running mickey thompson et street tires at 16 pounds for the 12 second runs.....my track will be open in a few weeks i think i will crush my 12.44 run with the new mods........
Makes better sense now!!

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK is the #35 fuse for the SRT/10 ?

Or is the #35 fuse for the the Ram 1500 w/Hemi ? i'm trying to figure out how to do away with the speed limiter on my Ram, I pulled on a single cab chevy with a small V/8 tonight and he got me on the big end because of the limiter and I was pissed !!!! Anything to make the 04 Hemi go faster would seriously help me out alot please reply !!!! thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
hemi777 said:
Nice times. I was wondering how long it would take before these things started getting faster. I run M/T drag radials at the track at 12#'s. They only move on the rim about an inch. My best 60' so far is a 1.66.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
RAMROD2004 said:
Or is the #35 fuse for the the Ram 1500 w/Hemi ? i'm trying to figure out how to do away with the speed limiter on my Ram, I pulled on a single cab chevy with a small V/8 tonight and he got me on the big end because of the limiter and I was pissed !!!! Anything to make the 04 Hemi go faster would seriously help me out alot please reply !!!! thanks

Dude start a new thread on this question and you may get a better response. This thread is over a year old.

Sorry I dont know how to overcome the limiter.

patrick

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Better yet there a hundred other Hemi truck forums on the web too. dodgetalk.com dodgetrucks.org hemitruckclub.com etc... you'll have an answer quick. Digging up ancient threads is very poor netiquette ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts