·
Registered
599 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wikdsvt said:
Yeah but he needed a 100 shot of nitrous to beat the lightning.
Go to dodgetrucks and read about it, if you doubt me.

where do you think i got it from?? did the www.dodgetrucks.org give it away?

what all the L guys say "run what you brung". put that one in the W column for the HEMI guys! :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yup to throw the quote "run what you brung" back in your face, as was repeated 100 times about the first srt-10 vs Lightning thread on f150online. Keep in mind the mods on that hemi makes the dodge less expencive then getting a stock L new from the dealership, course that L just needs to swap a pulling and the hemi would be losin again, but we will take them whenever we can. :D

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Toe said:
Yup to throw the quote "run what you brung" back in your face, as was repeated 100 times about the first srt-10 vs Lightning thread on f150online. Keep in mind the mods on that hemi makes the dodge less expencive then getting a stock L new from the dealership, course that L just needs to swap a pulling and the hemi would be losin again, but we will take them whenever we can. :D
good damn point. wow our little bro the hemi is tearing L's a new butt. gotta love it. i cant wait until the $100 in mods guys kills some L's. gee, then maybe specV will jump ship from the L to the hemi, it is after all a whole lot more "economical".

·
Registered
599 Posts
HELLO.... McFly....
of course I see the irony in my statement...
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Joeykunz said:
why is the vid cut so that the times dont show?
AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE RUNNING UPHILL..........

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not to bust the hemi bubble

Im a new lightning owner and if you want to compare what my near bone stock lightning can do here's my first run with the truck in the eight mile a week after i got it. My only mod was a drop in filter and this was at full weight with a full tank of gas. I ran a [email protected] I was fighting with the reaction time and 60ft crap all day. My slowest run was an [email protected] I have'nt run the quarter yet. I would have thought the hemi be in the 80 mph range. I have to hand it to the truck to run in the eights on stock rubber though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
With 20 inch wheels at that. With 17's the race would not even have been close.

He also out ran a Trans Am, a Mustang GT along with the Lightning which to me makes for a good night at the strip.

I image the Lightning owners will start feeling like I did when the SRT-10 was posting those mid to high 13 sec runs. Just a little disappointed and disgusted. Now that 9seconds has posted a 12.7, it's back on baby!

With a 13.7 run from Hemi777, I believe the Hemi will start to pull it's weight. There is also a Hemi dyno at 459 RWHP with nos. I don't believe it has been ran down the stip yet.

I thinking of trading in my Dakota for a sc sb 1500 Hemi Ram.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was just wanted to get more detail on the run... IE 60ft.. 1/4 MPH stuff like that... On both trucks that ran in the vid...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts