SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Hennessey Cold Air Intake last night, system looks awesome, polished tube, compliments engine compartment. Large K&N filter should flow more air into the V-10. Install is very simple and everything lines up, filter is protected from the elements behind the front grill and away from engine heat and radiator fan. Below are some pics, would like to thank John Hennessey again for the group buy, awesome product and service.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
don't want to sound like a jerk or any thing BUT imho it looks like you are paying $350 for a polished piece of tubing I would just go with the K&N air charger

·
Registered
650 Posts
04SRTRAM said:
don't want to sound like a jerk or any thing BUT imho it looks like you are paying $350 for a polished piece of tubing I would just go with the K&N air charger
Nothing wrong with the K&N kit. But for somebody who wants something that looks nicer than a black plastic tube, paying another $100 is not out of line. The cost of the stainless tubing and polishing costs us well over $100.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
04SRTRAM said:
I'll take the Hennssey CAI any day over the K&N..polished air tube is trick..when the hood is up the unit stands out just like the bad-ass viper V10..Also no waiting ,ordered and shipped 2 day air,great service and product..thanks again John H.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hennessey CAI

Pitrider - that Hennessey CAI looks awesome ---> so awesome that I ordered mine tonight! :D

And I see you've got the fastest color too! ;)

Thanks for the pics - can't wait to install mine. Thanks to John Hennessey for the group buy. :)

Scott Ross :D
Billings, MT
2005 silver SRT-10 RC

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yup the color is truly great. Every beer I ever enjoyed was in a silver can. Coincidence, I think not.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Looks real good. Now, (IMO) you need to remove that empty battery box to complete the underhood look.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
begood said:
Looks real good. Now, (IMO) you need to remove that empty battery box to complete the underhood look.
Great idea,i had it almost off the other nite,taking off this weekend..

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Pitrider

Are you feeling an increase in power or anything performance wise? What about sound? Does it have that intake sound some kits have? It looks really nice. I agree with you about not wanting to wait....I hate waiting like this.....old and impatient!!!! Thats me!!

patrick

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Patrick,sound is good you can hear throttle intake noise,where the stock set-up is muted..Power feels good,revs build faster..You can't go wrong with this system very simple design and install.. B&B catback going on soon should be a awesome combo..

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
pitrider said:
Patrick,sound is good you can hear throttle intake noise,where the stock set-up is muted..Power feels good,revs build faster..You can't go wrong with this system very simple design and install.. B&B catback going on soon should be a awesome combo..
Your gonna Luv the sound of thar B&B exhaust trust me!! :D :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
pitrider said:
I'll take the Hennssey CAI any day over the K&N..polished air tube is trick..when the hood is up the unit stands out just like the bad-ass viper V10..Also no waiting ,ordered and shipped 2 day air,great service and product..thanks again John H.

Service from Hennssey? This guy has had my order for weeks, told me last week it would be shipping, paid him and still no intake.. Doesnt respond to email and or telephone calls..

Thanks goodness for K&N or Volant.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
EricAZ said:
Service from Hennssey? This guy has had my order for weeks, told me last week it would be shipping, paid him and still no intake.. Doesnt respond to email and or telephone calls..

Weeks Huh... Funny, I looked at the date he posted they were available, and its only been 13 days.. Hmmm..

Also another post he says they are out of stock, making more, should ship this week.

Just my Nickles worth. 3 cents change please.

Craig

·
Registered
264 Posts
EricAZ post ??

I agree with Craig (SRT10x3).

John Hennessey has been very responsive to my requests and he's kept me up to date with my orders. This past weekend, the Hennessey website server was having problems, but John took the time to send me a PM confirming my order status.

Hennessey Performance --> great customer service, excellent performance products, and a terrific SRT-10 Forum supporter.

Just my $ .02 :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
EricAZ said:

Eric, I am overniting your kit out today. You will have it tomorrow. Thanks for your patience. Sending you a PM with the tracking number now.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I have had a fine experience with Hennessy's service thus far. In fact, I was slow pulling the trigger on a CAI and finally decided to use his. It was clear to me that he was currently out of stock from other posts. I tried to complete my order through his web site but it was down (it was down at least Saturday night, maybe longer). We finished the order by email and he even tracked me down on my cell to confirm shipping.

I see that he has shipped yours so let's compare notes on the rest of the story.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
eagle said:
I have had a fine experience with Hennessy's service thus far. In fact, I was slow pulling the trigger on a CAI and finally decided to use his. It was clear to me that he was currently out of stock from other posts. I tried to complete my order through his web site but it was down (it was down at least Saturday night, maybe longer). We finished the order by email and he even tracked me down on my cell to confirm shipping.

I see that he has shipped yours so let's compare notes on the rest of the story.
To further expand on positive Hennessey experiences...

:). John's built the worlds fastest truck for me. He is currently making it a lot faster. And it will be the most Powerful truck as well. He's built a normally asperated Red Rocket RAM SRT/10 for me. Plus he's built a 96 Blue GTS with some crazy horsepower.

He'll be getting the 2 06 Coupes from Woodhouse and doing some crazy **** to those as well.

Craig

1 - 20 of 44 Posts