SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the extreme heat here in Kuwait during the Summer, the temperature on the Ram gets quite hot...

Has anybody realized any significant difference in the engine's temperature after certain mods? With my Viper, replacing the stock cats with Random Technology High Flow Cats made quite a difference, so would you guys recommend I do that, or remove the cats completely. If so, whats the difference in sound?

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...I think I'm going to dump the cats and order the MagnaFlow exhaust! Summers here get to 120 degrees, winters tend to go as low as 30 sometimes (but its dry desert wind, makes it feel like -30)... So I'm hoping this set up will make my Ram run cooler during the summer.

Time to dyno my truck today :cool: I'll keep you guys posted

·
Registered
220 Posts
9 seconds said:
Dump the cats! You'll like the power and the sound. Best bang-for-buck hands down! Will it run cooler? Can't hurt.
Hey 9 seconds, Quick question. I want to dump my cats and put magnaflow on for now, no headers yet, but my question is, if you remove all cats (4), instead of just the rear two, like alot of people have done, is there any thing you have to worry about, not meaning legal or not, just meaning like replacing 02 sensors with simulators? If that's all I have to do, then how many sensors need replaced? I've heard that roe racing can get these for me. Is that true? If you can't help thats fine, I'm just trying to figure out what I have to do and what I need to do it! Have'nt really crawled under it and looked too close yet! Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
srt10vipertruck said:
is there any thing you have to worry about, not meaning legal or not, just meaning like replacing 02 sensors with simulators?
I don't have any first hand experience here but Boomer does. I linked to some pictures of his truck somewhere recently. Also, John Hennessey has posted that he has not seen any check engine problems. That's all I know.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
No rear cats

I went with 3" Magnaflow hi-flow cats and no rear cats when I did the headers and exhaust on mine and there were no computer type glitches.....Jack

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
O2 position

fstjack said:
I went with 3" Magnaflow hi-flow cats and no rear cats when I did the headers and exhaust on mine and there were no computer type glitches.....Jack
I would like to add that the o2 sensors must be in the same position in relation to the cat as they were stock......Jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts