SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else had the Ram's head on their hood fly off. Mine was lost on a long road trip (in the rain!!!!). Hoping the dealer won't say someone must have stolen it, and it's my nickel!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Nope, But I am toying with the idea of removing it for that clean shaving look! ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just a warning. If you remove the stock Ram head from the front grill, there is an indentation about 1/6" deep underneath and a recessed hole with mounting pin. It's not smooth. I know because I took mine off last week and replaced it with a viper emblem.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
whoop72 said:
Just wondering if anyone else had the Ram's head on their hood fly off. Mine was lost on a long road trip (in the rain!!!!). Hoping the dealer won't say someone must have stolen it, and it's my nickel!

Now thats a good excuse for changing to a viper emblem :D

patrick

·
Registered
420 Posts
Jay5150 said:
Just a warning. If you remove the stock Ram head from the front grill, there is an indentation about 1/6" deep underneath and a recessed hole with mounting pin. It's not smooth. I know because I took mine off last week and replaced it with a viper emblem.

do you have pictures?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Jay5150 said:
When you replaced it, did the Viper emblem mount flush and completly cover it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The new Viper emblem was just a bit larger then the recess left by the old Ram head. The only problem was that the radius of the Viper emblem was not the same as the hood. I did'nt want to try bending it more in fear of screwing it up. I ended up having to use thicker double sided foam tape at the bottom then the top. I will post picture asap.

J

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't remove the black insert on the front or back but placed the Viper Emblem over it. Had to use a little double sided tape on the front to make it fit right. The back didn't need it. Here are the photos.

Al Barlow
Maine

Attachments

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
als05ramsrt10 said:
I didn't remove the black insert on the front or back but placed the Viper Emblem over it. Had to use a little double sided tape on the front to make it fit right. The back didn't need it. Here are the photos.

Al Barlow
Maine
Ditto!... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can get them from the dealer, they go on the viper car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The viper emblems come in several color sets mine are red/chrome part # 0Uw3701RAA $83.95 I'd take pictures but there covered in salt- and it's snowing again 8-12 more inches today :confused:

·
Registered
621 Posts
black bear said:
The viper emblems come in several color sets mine are red/chrome part # 0Uw3701RAA $83.95 I'd take pictures but there covered in salt- and it's snowing again 8-12 more inches today :confused:

That sucks!! Clear blue skies, 78 degrees out, BEAUTIFUL DAY!! Got the beast out for the first time in over a month! God I love this thing!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yea thanks for the tease- now the snow estimates are 16-20 by tommorrow :mad:

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
I have lived in the Seattle area for the last 25 years and this is by far the mildest winter I have seen. Today was in the 70's. Usually it's grey and rainy.

I remember one of the weathermen a couple years ago said the summer really doesn't start until after the 4th of July. That sucks.

While this is a beautiful area, I cannot wait until I retire. It will be someplace warm and sunny. :)

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Happen to take my camera to work with me today....this was my day :D

patrick

1 - 20 of 27 Posts