1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
the hp on the hemi sport is 345hp

·
Registered
157 Posts
345 at the flywheel- I was just at a shop that does dynoing this past weekend and the hemi's heavily modded (bolt on's) where barely getting close to 300 at the rear wheels--

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
badgerhockey said:
What is the approximate horsepower for the Hemi Sport??
"hemi sport" is an appearence package. The are no go fast parts included. Same hemi engine as all the others in the trucks. My freind bought one. Its a nice looking truck. I call it the srt10 stunt double!!!! especially now that theres gonna be the quad cab srt10.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info and clarifications. I drove by a local Dodge dealer and they had a silver Ram sitting out on the lawn...thought it might have been an SRT 10. Pulled in to look and saw the "Hemi Sport" decal on the side and noticed the auto transmission. Front end is alittle different toward the very bottom.

Are stick shifts available in the Ram 1500 or 2500?? If so, I assume just 4-speeds?

·
Registered
189 Posts
heavily modded? you mean headers, intake and exhaust? there isnt anything else out unless you count the SC Programmer

·
Registered
157 Posts
there's always stuff "out", depends what you want to do and what you want to pay-

·
Registered
189 Posts
there isnt anything out other than gears, headers, intake, exhaust and a superchips

hennessey offers an 18,000 dollar turbo kit, and an 8000 dollar kit that gives 50hp.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
badgerhockey said:
Are stick shifts available in the Ram 1500 or 2500?? If so, I assume just 4-speeds?
Stick shifts are not available in the 1500. The are available in the 2500 with the hemi or the cummins. Being able to shift is the bomb in my book...that was one of my biggest complaints with my hemi,, that auto tranny...I gotta be able to shift...

patrick

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
the hemi has a five speed auto. the cummins is mated to a four speed or a six speed

i havent owned a manual yet, but im only 16. give me time :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts