SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I'm John.

I along with some other volunteers run HTR, a local invitational race program here in Phoenix.
I'm working on our 2005 schedule and want to invite any SRT-10 owners to join us for our 2005 season. I would love to have a few SRT-10's involved next year. To make this work we need enough to make one team which is 5 trucks. I have no idea if there are 5 SRT-10's in the Phoenix area that would be willing to race but I want to give it a try. If anyone here is interested please post here or e-mail me direct and I will start a count of possibles. Even if your truck is bone stock that OK, in fact I would like to see at least one bone stock truck involved in this.

Here is how the program works.
- This is heads up racing, not brackets (sorry to those bracket fans) with one run decides it all then go back to your test and tune night.
- It's free to participate in other than normal track gate entry fee ($15.00).
- You will compete on a SRT-10 team against a group of GM's or Fords. The other team will probably consist of lightnings or syclones/typhoons.
- The rules are very basic. If your vehicle is faster than 16.0 and you have no body contengency stickers your pretty much good to go.
- Your team captain works to get you the best match he can. Matches are commonly paired according to your performance index number about a month in advance. Find your number here: http://www.outrunu.com/Tech.html
I have no idea how a SRT-10 would score but the big cubes will drive the number high and that might be a disadvantage.
- The matches tend to generate a lot of cyber press on various forums interested in the final outcome, it gets interesting sometimes :)
- The team with the most points wins. Each driver can win up to 6 points for his team: 3 for the win, 2 for the best reaction time and 1 participation.
- Our season runs from January - June. I will work on an exact date if there is interest here.

By the way, I also compete on the Mopar team, just not with an SRT-10. I hope I can interest some of you to help out the team next year, these matches are an absolute blast to compete in and the competitors we attract have always been first rate outstanding sportsman regardless of brand preference.

Please hollor with any questions and I'll be glad to answer.
Have a great holliday season.
John

·
Registered
621 Posts
HTRjohn said:
Hello All, I'm John.

I along with some other volunteers run HTR, a local invitational race program here in Phoenix.
I'm working on our 2005 schedule and want to invite any SRT-10 owners to join us for our 2005 season. I would love to have a few SRT-10's involved next year. To make this work we need enough to make one team which is 5 trucks. I have no idea if there are 5 SRT-10's in the Phoenix area that would be willing to race but I want to give it a try. If anyone here is interested please post here or e-mail me direct and I will start a count of possibles. Even if your truck is bone stock that OK, in fact I would like to see at least one bone stock truck involved in this.

Here is how the program works.
- This is heads up racing, not brackets (sorry to those bracket fans) with one run decides it all then go back to your test and tune night.
- It's free to participate in other than normal track gate entry fee ($15.00).
- You will compete on a SRT-10 team against a group of GM's or Fords. The other team will probably consist of lightnings or syclones/typhoons.
- The rules are very basic. If your vehicle is faster than 16.0 and you have no body contengency stickers your pretty much good to go.
- Your team captain works to get you the best match he can. Matches are commonly paired according to your performance index number about a month in advance. Find your number here: http://www.outrunu.com/Tech.html
I have no idea how a SRT-10 would score but the big cubes will drive the number high and that might be a disadvantage.
- The matches tend to generate a lot of cyber press on various forums interested in the final outcome, it gets interesting sometimes :)
- The team with the most points wins. Each driver can win up to 6 points for his team: 3 for the win, 2 for the best reaction time and 1 participation.
- Our season runs from January - June. I will work on an exact date if there is interest here.

By the way, I also compete on the Mopar team, just not with an SRT-10. I hope I can interest some of you to help out the team next year, these matches are an absolute blast to compete in and the competitors we attract have always been first rate outstanding sportsman regardless of brand preference.

Please hollor with any questions and I'll be glad to answer.
Have a great holliday season.
John
Damn, sounds like fun. Too bad you aren't in Northern Cali!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks HD, wish you were in the area, we'd put you to work on our team.

We have been looking but have not been able to find even one in this area that is interested in racing. We did talk to one real nice guy with a very nice red one here in town, he said the truck runs great but the pedal has never hit the carpet yet and he was not a racer.

I think the trucks are still just to scarce/rarel to be at the track. We have about a Kazillion request to race against them from Lightning owners, 4.6 modulers, GTO's etc so hopefully next year we'll have better luck.

You guys have a great holiday season.
john

1 - 3 of 3 Posts