SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ladies and gents,

Hoping some of you kind folks can assist.

I have a black 2005 qc srt10.
She has a k and n filter, bassinni headers And full system, also has the sct.

Truck typically sits in the garage for most of its life, last year she came out during the summer months for a few local shows. Unfortunately winter in Toronto has been a little worse this year and I needed to commute in it about 120kms a day. She copes fine with winter wheels and regular oil changes.

My problem is this.

Last week I pulled off the highway after my journey home and did a little side step launch under a bridge on a quiet road. Smelt some clutch but nothing major.

The next day she drove fine and I had no problem. The next day though I thought I would get an oil change ( no excuses but had to use a mr lube ) at the time they asked if I wanted my rear diff oil changed. I said yes to just go for it.

Within the next 24hours I discovered my truck would no longer select kick down. She still drives using all gears but feels very reserved and bogged down but I could hold my foot to the floor and it won't change down for a big burst of power. It will change on its own if my engine speed determines it.

The other thing is I have a P0158 02 circuit high voltage. Bank 2 sensor 2 error code.

I haven't changed the tranny fluid for quite some time but might this help fix it ? Am I going to have to look at band adjustment perhaps?
And should I give it a go with disconnecting the battery for bit to see if I can reset the PCM's possibly confused little mind ?

Any advice would really help please guys.

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
I know tis isn't it, however, did the tow/haul button get pushed?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey ladies and gents,

Hoping some of you kind folks can assist.

I have a black 2005 qc srt10.
She has a k and n filter, bassinni headers And full system, also has the sct.

Truck typically sits in the garage for most of its life, last year she came out during the summer months for a few local shows. Unfortunately winter in Toronto has been a little worse this year and I needed to commute in it about 120kms a day. She copes fine with winter wheels and regular oil changes.

My problem is this.

Last week I pulled off the highway after my journey home and did a little side step launch under a bridge on a quiet road. Smelt some clutch but nothing major.

The next day she drove fine and I had no problem. The next day though I thought I would get an oil change ( no excuses but had to use a mr lube ) at the time they asked if I wanted my rear diff oil changed. I said yes to just go for it.

Within the next 24hours I discovered my truck would no longer select kick down. She still drives using all gears but feels very reserved and bogged down but I could hold my foot to the floor and it won't change down for a big burst of power. It will change on its own if my engine speed determines it.

The other thing is I have a P0158 02 circuit high voltage. Bank 2 sensor 2 error code.

I haven't changed the tranny fluid for quite some time but might this help fix it ? Am I going to have to look at band adjustment perhaps?
And should I give it a go with disconnecting the battery for bit to see if I can reset the PCM's possibly confused little mind ?

Any advice would really help please guys.
The code is a rear O2 sensor problem. Given that, I would get an OEM replacement. It is very likely that with a high voltage reading, your air/fuel ratio is extremely rich; which is not allowing your truck to run normally. As for what the guys at Mr. Lube did, I think it's just coincidental timing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys just join the forum for the same problem I have a 2006 night runner quad cab with 11000 miles on the clock had same message code but the front cats were block and motor failed on the highway now have no oil pressure and low end knocking !
Any one out there have the same problem !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who does what with their bank 2 02 sensor when their is a full stainless system and no place for the sensor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts