SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see how many high mileage trucks are out there and what to expect for problems and longevity. Bought mine new in '06 and have 45,500 on it now. Have only had to replace power steering and oil cooler lines due to leakage (nice stuff available from JTS for this), tires and brake pads so far. Who's got the highest number of miles out there?

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Hi there,
My '06 QC inferno has 45,000 km's on it. Just lots of rear tires so far, and second set of pads.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
88k here...and it's used....a lot;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm on only 18k on my 2004 RC and had alot of problems. My radiator had to be exchanged, radiator hose would leak, my rear main seal was leaking, brake problems, Stock cd player doesn't play CDs, and that's all that I can think of right now..

It's not abused stays in the garage and waxed. Oil gets changed and all required maintance is done. It cost me so much to fix the rear main seal that I still can not buy a new exhaust, jbm intake and computer for it.

Overall a really bad experience

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
63,000 miles for me, plenty of brake pads ,and tyres, new leads and coils and a transmission rebuild, still going strong and the grin is still there every push of the button.

Ian.

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts
48,000 Miles on the Wolf... :)

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
ive had mine for about 1k miles and i need to rebuild the front calipers, replace alternator and power steering pump.... Love the truck though!

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
but troy...that truck has basically sat for what...3-4 months?

i'm just sayin...as far as reliability, it's the best vehicle i've bought to date;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm on only 18k on my 2004 RC and had alot of problems. My radiator had to be exchanged, radiator hose would leak, my rear main seal was leaking, brake problems, Stock cd player doesn't play CDs, and that's all that I can think of right now..

It's not abused stays in the garage and waxed. Oil gets changed and all required maintance is done. It cost me so much to fix the rear main seal that I still can not buy a new exhaust, jbm intake and computer for it.

Overall a really bad experience
Did it sit for excessive amounts of time?
I bought a 96 Impala SS in 2004 that had 3,800 miles on it at the time. Poor car always was a problem child :crying: It only left me stranded once but three radiators/ waterpumps, two optisparks, and some other wierd stuff made me get rid of her... An old mechanic friend of mine said it got ruined from not bein used. Just A thought though no disrespect to your baby.... :fing02:

And stayin on topic mines got 54,xxx miles on it now, runnin like a champ except it needs new power steering lines. Ill buy tonys products when i get the chance.... :pimp:

8,725 Posts
Ha, I still got ya beat! Mine rolled over 89k one the way to Ashland ky, yesterday. I tried to get a pic of it reading 88888 but they didn't turn out well, dang rough roads!:booty:
ashland ky , man I loved that little town for some reason, used to deliver to the lowes there and watch the flames from the stacks accross the street and fall asleep listening to the trains roll by..

man the simple things in life are often missed.....................

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
33K miles.....rebuilt with forged bottom end at 9K....stinker oil lines....had to replace the intake with a Roe twin screw..:yeah:......only minor problems since buying her 38 months ago with 2300 miles..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well fellas, I think yall should crown me now...daily driver 05 QC 124,409 miles on odometer, brought it with 119k...runs strong, regular maintenance including trans fluid change.

·
Registered
319 Posts
63,000 and rolling. daily driver.
I noticed that these trucks like to be pushed hard, they don't like to be babied. I have had my truck for a year and here is what is cost me:

false alarm for Evap canister - $0 disconnected battery to reset code

power steering lines are leaky- $350 upgrade to braided lines

2 Oil Changes - $0 Free with coupon from dealer

Owning a 2005 SRT-10 QC - priceless!!:beerchug::drive:

Next Service I will have my bands adjusted on the trans. I hear that is around $300-$400. Not bad for such a badass vehicle!

·
Registered
319 Posts
This is a bold statement, but just my opinion:

The Ram SRT-10 is the best SRT vehicle because:

The RAM has a proven track record for dependability, reliability and toughness.

Insurance is the same as a RAM 1500 (cheap)

Wide availability for replacement parts (at the moment atleast)

The RAM-10 QC is the most functional SRT seating 6 comfortably, towing over 7500 pounds, and with plenty of storage room.

The viper engine is a well-respected beast! They have already auctioned a RAM SRT10 QC (FLAME RED) on Barett Jackson, to me that solidifies its place as a future collectable.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts