SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that 50 Ram SRT 10 pace trucks were produce in the blue with racing strips and these are placarded with numbers and Chrysler/Daimler presidents signature.
But how many Ram SRT 10 street unit were built?
I've heard 2500, 4000 or what?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
That is a question I have wanted an answer to as well. Bill P. said they should announce the numbers later this month. I hope its less than 3K.

What was the deal on the blue stripe ones? I did not know you could even buy em? I thought they were Nascar pacetrucks only?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Limited production

They produced 50 units for the NASCAR drivers and viper car owners had a chance to buy them. Now the guy that I talked to had just bought one and when I asked how much he paid for it he wouldn't say but I said over $100,000 and he just smiled. So who knows but he hasn't driven yet because he wants to keep it as a collector unit. What a shame.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
456 said:
They produced 50 units for the NASCAR drivers and viper car owners had a chance to buy them. Now the guy that I talked to had just bought one and when I asked how much he paid for it he wouldn't say but I said over $100,000 and he just smiled. So who knows but he hasn't driven yet because he wants to keep it as a collector unit. What a shame.
Blues can be had for $58K - $100K. I won my bid at $80K but decided to wait for someone to get more desperate to sell.

Craig

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely a Collectors item

You can bet that they will go for the big bucks in a few years with only 50 produced and signed. The price on all SRT 10 seem to be jumping up which is just like the Viper's when they came out.
That's great because mine is climbing too.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I am just really stoked I was able to get in for this first year of production. As for those blues.....man thats some serious $ for this truck. I thought my local dealer was bad asking 59K for the 2 he got, one of which was from another dealer and had a bedliner in it???? WTF is that about.

·
Banned
901 Posts
I was told that there were 3000 produced.

1500 Silver
750 Red
750 Black

Nothing mentioned about the 50 Blue ones...maybe 3050 made.

I am hopeful that there will be more produced in the future...within reason...we shall see. also warned about a 3000 dollar gas tax imposed by the government for 05's

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
3k gas tax....man that stinks. Arnt we all glad we got em in 04!!

That would be cool if your numbers are correct. Where did you get them from?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
WOW I feel really lucky, I got mine for under 50k out the door!

·
Registered
180 Posts
nothnbutrouble said:
I was told that there were 3000 produced.

1500 Silver
750 Red
750 Black

Nothing mentioned about the 50 Blue ones...maybe 3050 made.

I am hopeful that there will be more produced in the future...within reason...we shall see. also warned about a 3000 dollar gas tax imposed by the government for 05's

If the 3000 produced is correct and I belive only 1800 were to be sold in the states, and I'd guess a 1/4 + of those will be Garage Queens I might never run into one to play with :(
Nice to see the break down on colors to.
as for the "Blue" VCA Rams, 9 seconds had all the info in some threads early this year. If you wanted to check

·
Banned
901 Posts
Information from:

Autoway Dodge Manager at my dealership..., he ownes a black SRT Ram and he tries to stay "in the know". He is always watching information from D/C regarding the SRT Ram. He is a great contact, and he takes care of me if I need anything! I do believe D/C will be putting out the specific production numbers soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not many out there?

I know that some were shipped overseas but I still don't think 3000 were produced and the plant in Mexico is shut down for holidays as the last of 04 production units were ship out.
Those 50 Blue Nascar's were special order units sent directly to Detroit and are part of the total production.
It would be nice to know the numbers..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dunlop List

One other thing I was going to mention was the fact that the RAM SRT 10 has made the Dunlop listing which means that it is a rare and exclusive production item.

·
Registered
35 Posts
still got a black one with 82 brand new miles, need to sell...603-502-9944

Ed

·
Banned
901 Posts
I have a friend who works as an engineer at the steering column plant in Toledo. The plant shuts down July 12th to change die casts for the 05 productions. They will resume production a week or two after shutdown.

It would be nice to see lower production numbers for the O4's. I am sure there will be an official # produced from D/C. Interesting to find out if there will be more produced for 05. Making the 04 a rarer vehicle. I am sure there will be more Viper trucks produced with the introduction of the automatic quad cab...not sure about the SRT 10 std cab with the six speed ....time will tell. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I WAS TOLD 2500 1000 SILVER 750RED 750 BLACK NOT SURE WHAT THE REAL #'s ARE THOUGH.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The Viper Club of America trucks were not made for Nascar, they were made for VCA members, and some were done for Nascar at the same time ( these were automatic transmission trucks ). There were supposedly 57 built, and this includes the ones use as Pace Trucks. The VCA Edition normally is selling on the open market for around 60-70K, though some have sold even higher. It likely they will stay up there, as long as they do not redo this color combo (pretty unlikely ). I have not heard any info on the gas guzzler tax on the 05s, nor do I suspect it will occur, as trucks are not currently under the same legislation as cars, and the mileage is not even that bad for a truck - highway estimates are actually higher than many gas trucks. I am not sure when the total numbers will be out, but it will be at least a month after 2004 production ceases , in my estimation. In some cases, it has been 3-4 months after production, before the actual firm numbers came out for Vipers, but I would think the truck info will be sooner. The numbers for each color that are listed here by one gentleman, I believe are sheer speculation,as they never do numbers in set amounts. From our sales and requests, Black would be the number one color, followed by Silver and then Red. This probably will not shake out to be true, and it would not surprise me if the the numbers for each color are not pretty similar.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have heard numbers all over the place. I am hoping it is lower then 3000. We have an exclusive item and the lower the number the better I think.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts