SRT10 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I adjust mine every six months. When I dropped my pan 2 weeks ago, there was almost no clutch material in the bottom of the pan. And I've probably made atleast 50 - 70 passes down the track. I dont abuse my truck, but I dont baby it either.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I didnt back off the adjust 1 1/2 like it said that could be the problem. I couldnt get my arms in there enough to work the torq right. I need to lift the truck up which i don't have the ramps for. But doest the internal one need to be done at the same time for it to work right?
I found a good Trans shop that knows there stuff i should take it there.
The dealer i go to isnt one of those types its an old time shop they lost there Jeep sales with the resructor cause there so old school.

Eric

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I didnt back off the adjust 1 1/2 like it said that could be the problem. I couldnt get my arms in there enough to work the torq right. I need to lift the truck up which i don't have the ramps for. But doest the internal one need to be done at the same time for it to work right?
I found a good Trans shop that knows there stuff i should take it there.
The dealer i go to isnt one of those types its an old time shop they lost there Jeep sales with the resructor cause there so old school.

Eric
Yes thats very important. I too know a very good shop, but unless I'm standing there watching, I dont trust anyone with my truck. This probably one of the more important maintenance items on a QC. I roll mine up onto 3 2X6 pieces of of wood and that gets it up high enough to work comfortably. Learn to do it yourself every 6 months and ur trans should last a good while. And yes, do the inside band also and change the filter whike you're there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ok i think i can try the outside one i got some ramps that might work just need to go get them. But the internal one im worried about doing that myself. If i f it up trucks stuck.
I did have the trans flushed back in spring.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Ok i think i can try the outside one i got some ramps that might work just need to go get them. But the internal one im worried about doing that myself. If i f it up trucks stuck.
I did have the trans flushed back in spring.
The inside is just as easy as the outside, only messier. :D Drop the pan, remove the filter to gain access to the adjustment screw, adjust it as specified, BACK IT OFF as specified ;), torque down the lock nut and you're good. Dont be scared. It's really that easy. But, seriously, dont take any short cuts. You should never driven the truck, until you fixed the outside band adjustment. Follow the directions exactly and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have these pictures on how to do these adjustments? i just recently purchased a 05 Srt10 QC and when I shift into drive the transmission engaged really harsh. It is so harsh it jerks the whole truck. Thanks

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.