SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once was able to find info on this, but can no longer find any. I'm thinking about changing the fluid in my 6 speed manual trans, but don't know where to begin. I may also change diff fluid while I'm at it, but I'm sure that just requires a suction pump. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Your in luck. The trans & diff service are almost the same. On the side of the trans & back of the diff cover you will find 2 hole plugs. Put a drain pan under them. Remove the bottom plug first. This will star the fluid draining. Remove the top one next. This will allow air inside so it will drain quicker. After the flow stopps install the bottom plug. Add new fluid into the top hole. Once the oil level is even with top hole it's full. Re install the top plug. Some thread sealer on the plugs won't hurt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your in luck. The trans & diff service are almost the same. On the side of the trans & back of the diff cover you will find 2 hole plugs. Put a drain pan under them. Remove the bottom plug first. This will star the fluid draining. Remove the top one next. This will allow air inside so it will drain quicker. After the flow stopps install the bottom plug. Add new fluid into the top hole. Once the oil level is even with top hole it's full. Re install the top plug. Some thread sealer on the plugs won't hurt.
do these rear ends need an additive like the old suregrips do?? if so, do you still need it if switching to synthetic??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run Castrol in everything I own/have owned. They sell special LSD 75/140W oil, in that case you don't need the additives. If it doesn't say LSD in big letters on the bottle, add the additive!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts