SRT10 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
8,725 Posts
Do I need to use Mopar Gasket sealant on any of the gaskets before installing (intake manifold, thermostat)? I bought some a while back when I bought the intake gaskets, but wasn't sure if anyone actually used it? Thanks
no sealant on no gaskets

now run down to the local bolt store, or lowes and get some stainless allen heads to mount stuff with,

thats one thing we are adding to the site, is a complete stainless kit for all the bolts, makes a nice finishing touch man

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
no sealant on no gaskets

now run down to the local bolt store, or lowes and get some stainless allen heads to mount stuff with,

thats one thing we are adding to the site, is a complete stainless kit for all the bolts, makes a nice finishing touch man
Do you know exactly which ones to get? Do I need washers? All I want are the intake manifold ones right now, the rest I can buy from you, Tony! Tom, can you point me to the correct ones? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
http://www.allensfasteners.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=10241

These are a perfect fit. Get the chrome washers with them. I used them all over the engine, not just on the intake. They work for the valve covers, the thermostat housing, the throttle body... many places.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Spudracer, a quick note on how I got to the inner bolts without too much frustration.

I ended up buying a 1/4" drive 6" long and 3" long socket wrench extension and a torx head socket for it. The 6" length ended up being too short so if I had to redo it I would try to get a 9" length extension. I taped the socket to the extension to ensure that I wouldn't loose it below the intake and then just reached the inner bolts through small holes on the topside of the intake. Hard to explain but the pics should help. To reinstall the bolts I lightly taped the bolt head to the torx socket and once it was tight I pulled the socket off. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Holy sneakiness!! Good idea...

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
that's exactly how i did it...especially #9 inner bolt...set the bolt in by hand, then sent the 6" through, then added the 3", then added the driver...

other then that...it wasn't bad at all...

at least...not like i've read for the last few years...

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
http://www.allensfasteners.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=10241

These are a perfect fit. Get the chrome washers with them. I used them all over the engine, not just on the intake. They work for the valve covers, the thermostat housing, the throttle body... many places.
Tom, sorry for being a pain, but do you know exactly which ones? I've been to that page, but there is a list of about 20 different sizes. Can you tell me the size, or by the (add $1.00) since they are all different. And where are the washers and what size. I'm scared I'll get the wrong ones.:crying: Also, are they the exact same for all the parts you mentioned? Again, sorry, and thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
1/4" x 20 at 1" length (fully threaded)

Washers are 1/4" chrome SAE
http://www.allensfasteners.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=20231

Yes, those same bolts will fit for all those parts mentioned. The washers may need to be trimmed for at least one spot on the thermostat housing, and I would go with bolts only if you're using a BBK throttle body, no room for the washers.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Looks like to save some work you can leave the throttle body, sensors, fuel rail and injectors all in place and remove them as one unit, just disconnect the fuel supply line at the rear drivers side. Any issue in doing that?

As for the fuel injector wires, appears they need to be tucked in under the intake for removal, then fished back out between the runners once the intake is back in place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes i suppose you could leave it on to save some time but it won't save you that much time. Easier to get stuff out of your way. All you need is a long 1/4 inch extension or 2 and go through top of intake to remove bolts

21 - 32 of 32 Posts