SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
How To reset idle with an aftermarket Throttle Body:​

For all 2004-2006 SRT-10 Ram trucks with a Roe Racing supercharger kit. This procedure must be followed if the battery is ever disconnected or drained to the point of the truck not starting.

1. Disconnect all three PCM connectors for about 10 minutes. By doing this, you are erasing the PCM adaptive memory. The PCM is located on the firewall directly above and behind the passenger side front wheel.

2. Disconnect the TPS (throttle position sensor) on the driver’s side of the throttle body. Ensure all wire connections are correct.

3. Disconnect the IAC (idle air control motor) on the air plenum located on the passenger side directly behind the air filter. Ensure all wire connections are correct.

4. With the PCM disconnected, make sure the throttle cable and throttle linkage is adjusted properly for wide-open throttle. The driver’s floor mat should be removed as it can inhibit accelerator pedal travel.

5. After wide-open throttle is verified or adjusted, reconnect the PCM, TPS and IAC connectors after 10 minutes has elapsed from the start of this procedure.

6. Turn the key to the "on" position, but DO NOT start the engine.

7. With the drivers floor mat out of the truck, slowly press the accelerator to full throttle, then repeat. By doing this, you are showing the TPS (throttle position sensor) full throttle. Without this information in the PCM, it will not correctly calculate how to make the engine run properly.

8. Turn the key off then start the truck without touching the accelerator.

9. Let the engine idle for approximately 2-3 minutes.

10. After idling, drive easy, then progressively harder over the course of about 10-20 minutes.

11. The truck will drive differently during the first 20-40 miles because the PCM is learning the new adaptives.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Wow!! Great stuff. This only applies to Roe SC engines?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow!! Great stuff. This only applies to Roe SC engines?
no sir ,,if you replace the throttlebody with any one of the aftermarket ones it should be done ,,

i got this from roe racing way back when ,,,i had problems with the first BBK i got ,,if you put a aftermarket TB on and idle is hanging even just a tad try it ,,It works

might want to slap this in the dyi section :3some:

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,696 Posts
FYI ,,try this on an aftermarket TB ,,,and check to see if there are any drag marks on butterfly,s around shaft on inside of it ,,,

For all 2004-2006 SRT-10 Ram trucks with a Roe Racing supercharger kit. This procedure must be followed if the battery is ever disconnected or drained to the point of the truck not starting.

1. Disconnect all three PCM connectors for about 10 minutes. By doing this, you are erasing the PCM adaptive memory. The PCM is located on the firewall directly above and behind the passenger side front wheel.

2. Disconnect the TPS (throttle position sensor) on the driver’s side of the throttle body. Ensure all wire connections are correct.

3. Disconnect the IAC (idle air control motor) on the air plenum located on the passenger side directly behind the air filter. Ensure all wire connections are correct.

4. With the PCM disconnected, make sure the throttle cable and throttle linkage is adjusted properly for wide-open throttle. The driver’s floor mat should be removed as it can inhibit accelerator pedal travel.

5. After wide-open throttle is verified or adjusted, reconnect the PCM, TPS and IAC connectors after 10 minutes has elapsed from the start of this procedure.

6. Turn the key to the "on" position, but DO NOT start the engine.

7. With the drivers floor mat out of the truck, slowly press the accelerator to full throttle, then repeat. By doing this, you are showing the TPS (throttle position sensor) full throttle. Without this information in the PCM, it will not correctly calculate how to make the engine run properly.

8. Turn the key off then start the truck without touching the accelerator.

9. Let the engine idle for approximately 2-3 minutes.

10. After idling, drive easy, then progressively harder over the course of about 10-20 minutes.

11. The truck will drive differently during the first 20-40 miles because the PCM is learning the new adaptives.

Thanks Man, I am going to do this just to ReSet my adaptives... I have one of Tony's Ported OEM TBs (Which was the Original on the Wolf that Tony Worked his Magic on) but I think it would be cool just to ReSet it back to "Default" and let it ReLearn everything all over.... :) :) :)

8,725 Posts
actually we figured out the prob with high idles with some of ours, its the iac and the new volume of air

remove the iac, pull it out as far as it will go, if it pops out , it will go back in so dont worry,
reinstall iac and make sure it is bottoming out in the intake

done deal, we havent had a high idle issue to date with over 50 tb's sent out.
and also....................not one "knock on wood" has mentioned a sticky throttle

8,725 Posts
thats what we found, we tried everything, from pcm reseting to the whole nine yards, then one day tried working the iac like the old gm ones,

the mopar Iac barely moves at all, so we reset it,bottomed it out, an badang, idled like a kitten good sir, and actually i am pretty sure its in my instructions on our tb

BUT THIS THREAD IS FOR MY MANS BBK TB THAT IS FOR SALE

Spud since you moved the info, can you clean up this thread?

Its actually a killer deal on a brand new TB, from a really super dude!:beerchug:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I used this routine on my second BBk i got ,the first Tb would idle high and was sticky once truck warmed up ,the first one had a clearance problem with the butterflys leaving drag marks on the inside bores ,,just as the shaft entered the body ,,i sent it back and complained like a hungry baby waiting to get fed ,,after getting the new one it was working great but i did notice a slight higher idle than before not much but it was up around 1000 to 1100 rpm ,,i also check what stinkola is talking about but that did not work for me ,,i found this routine by accident while doing an internet search and BANG it was the trick ,even though it says for S/C units it is a good trick for N/A too ,hope it helps someone else ,,,PEACE OUT !

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Got a pic of this? Sure would help me understand what to disconnect.

How do you properly adjust the throttle cable and throttle linkage?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill get one after games are off ,,but its not real hard ,,if your standing in front of you engine look on leftside of throttlebody ,its mounted there ,,with a three wire connector,,
as far as cable have someone sit in truck with it not running and hold the petal to floor to make sure it opens TB all the way ,,

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Gotcha, I see it now just behind and below the TPS, it's actually connected to the intake and not the TB. My throttle cable seems to be factory crimped in a specific spot, how do I adjust it?

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
I'm confused... then doesn't that kind of negate this thread? Your TB has been working perfectly for me, haven't noticed any issues. I'm beginning to smell snake oil being sold here. Next I suppose you're gonna tell me my "Ventaculated Arboreter Valve Sensor" needs adjusting! :freak2:

8,725 Posts
the "cable" cant really be adjusted , the idle, can be, with the idle screw

most of what "we" found was from the IAC adjustment.

that is all we found that seemed to be any type of problem with the idle,

would it work on the BBK, I do not know, we didnt try it on the BBK, we did on ours and found our solution to work.

as far as what Roe recommends we never found reseting the pcm or unplugging the iac to work

this is related to our tb, we didnt do any testing iwth the BBK on this, it may work , but I cannot say 100% it will

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
It's all good! I suppose since my TB went on without a hitch I will leave well enough alone. Doesn't seem necessary to mess with the IAC motor if nothing's wrong.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I'm confused... then doesn't that kind of negate this thread? Your TB has been working perfectly for me, haven't noticed any issues. I'm beginning to smell snake oil being sold here. Next I suppose you're gonna tell me my "Ventaculated Arboreter Valve Sensor" needs adjusting! :freak2:
First of all no one is selling you anything nor did you pay anything ,,this was posted in respnse to someone having a problem with a BBK unit and this did work for me ,,You claiming im selling snake oil is out of line ,,,I did not sell anything to you in anyway !!!

Stink im sorry for stepping on your toes i,guess ,,i will not post anything again since i got acussed of selling something i did not sell to anyone !

8,725 Posts
First of all no one is selling you anything nor did you pay anything ,,this was posted in respnse to someone having a problem with a BBK unit and this did work for me ,,You claiming im selling snake oil is out of line ,,,I did not sell anything to you in anyway !!!

Stink im sorry for stepping on your toes i,guess ,,i will not post anything again since i got acussed of selling something i did not sell to anyone !
Lol big man u aint steppin on no toes what u wrote worked for you and the bbk we on the other hand never tried any of it on the bbk ours so far has had no sticking problems lolol
So it will probably work on the bbk but wasnt what we found to be the problem with our high idle we experienced
Now you keep posting you are a wealth of knowledge or ........ I will smootch you in the snoz lolol

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
I'm sorry, ironhead. You know tone and inflection don't come across in these posts. I'm gonna run what I brung with Tony's TB and keep on truckin'!

8,725 Posts
pay ironskittles no attention LOL, he has been hanging around with the wrong group lately , and forgets we is a little laid back:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.